Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Is there ANYTHING that can be done?

Old 05-11-2002 | 01:17 PM

Default Is there ANYTHING that can be done?

Those who like NASCAR might as well leave right now, you're not going to like this thread.

Now, don't get me wrong, I've been known to watch 1 or 2 races of NASCAR a year, like the night Bristol race, or Watkins-Glen, but I'm no fan. Having said that, I don't particularly mind NASCAR either, but now I'm PISSED!

I used to turn on SPEEDVISION every day at different times to see all sorts of motor racing, but no longer. It seems that everyone was right when they said that NASCAR was taking over SPEEDVISION the moment it changed to the SPEED CHANNEL. I remember back when it happened I signed some sort of petition or something and didn't think much about it, but whatever it was trying to accomplish didn't work. I've all but stopped even checking SPEED to see if there is anything on, all I get is NASCAR TV, NASCAR GARAGE, NASCAR this and that. I think what I hate most of all is that they'd rather show OLD NASCAR footage than new footage of anything else. Fvcking GRRRRRRRR! Why didn't they just make a NASCAR CHANNEL? Why did they have to take our only true source for racing?

Is there anything that can be done, or has our beloved motorsports channel been irreparably damaged?
Old 05-11-2002 | 03:25 PM
Former Moderator

boycott 76, the official fuel of nascar.
Old 05-11-2002 | 04:20 PM

I saw a great movie on early '70s F1. Plus they are the only carrier of F1 (tomorrow at 7:30 EST is the Austrian GP). You just have to know when to switch it on. I think they will have the 24 hours of LeMans on as well.
I agree though, there is a helluva lot of NASCAR on.
Old 05-11-2002 | 07:30 PM

Yeah, no question they've got good stuff, and as I've said, I'm not really a NASCAR hater, but when it takes over 80% (or more) of my favorite channel I get a little tweaked. I turned it on earlier and caught some of the Cypres Rally that I've already seen, but it didn't really matter, it wasn't NASCAR so it was welcome.
Old 05-12-2002 | 06:01 AM

Did you see that ugly ending of the Austrian GP? I can't believe what Ferrari did.
Old 05-13-2002 | 06:01 AM

Didn't get to see it, but I'll catch the recap.
Old 05-14-2002 | 01:06 PM

There was very little good that came out of that finish. The only thing that made it a little more palatable was Schumacher's handling of the situation on both the podium and in the interviews. He gave the race credit to the "WINNER" of the race.

Barrichello was the definite class of the field in that race.
Old 05-14-2002 | 01:41 PM

I was never into NASCAR, but didn't dislike it either......

...until someone pointed out to me that the headlights on the cars are just vinyl stickers.

GOD, they're a loooooooooooong way from F1 racing!!!
Old 05-14-2002 | 06:51 PM

Originally posted by KenL
There was very little good that came out of that finish. The only thing that made it a little more palatable was Schumacher's handling of the situation on both the podium and in the interviews. He gave the race credit to the "WINNER" of the race.

Barrichello was the definite class of the field in that race.

No "good" will come of that situation for Schumacher though!!!! the FIA have called him in to account for his actions!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-14-2002 | 10:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tokyo_james
[B]

No "good" will come of that situation for Schumacher though!!!!

Quick Reply: Is there ANYTHING that can be done?