Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Supra TT handle just as good as S2k? What do Supra owners really mean by that??

Old 10-03-2001, 04:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supra TT handle just as good as S2k? What do Supra owners really mean by that??

I notice that a lot of people on this board say that the Supra TT with suspension mods can handle just as well as an S2000?

What do you really mean by that?

The stock Supra TT already pulls about the same amount of G
Old 10-03-2001, 05:07 AM

I would guess your best answer would come from last years (or this years for that matter) SCCA Solo II National Championship.

AS (A Stock) S2000's were significantly faster on the same course than highly modified (both in engine and suspension) SM (Street Mod) Supra's.

Some of that is I'm sure driver - but the car is a not insignificant part.

Etgar
Old 10-03-2001, 07:00 AM

I've spent a lot of time lately helping a friend with his Supra TT. The car has eibach springs, KYB shocks, and FULL RACE TIRES. It is stiff as all hell, tracks every crack in the road, and HANDLES LIKE A STICK OF BUTTER ON A HOT PAN! It's damn near the scariest car to drive on anything but a perfectly straight road.

When I went to the West LA Sports Car meet this year, there were a huge number of Supras that turned out. At the beginning of the drive, I had one who thought his brakes were as good as mine ride too close behind me until a red light, where he had to go off on the shoulder to avoid rear-ending me. After that, I decided I didn't want to drive near anymore of those damn things, so I passed them all. Never saw them again except at the stops. Most of them showed up a solid 20-30 minutes later than me at the stops. A few of the "quicker" ones were able to manage staying within 10 minutes of me! WOW!

Seriously, having driven my friend's Supra quite a bit... it can be a VERY fast car in a straight line, when it is making boost. But it takes WAY too long to spool up, the power curve is just aweful, throttle response is just non-existent (due to the turbo lag), and the car may have decent skidpad numbers by some fluke of testing methods or whatever, but the car's handling in actual use is anything but confidence inspiring. The only thing I like about the car is that its seating position is rather comfortable.