Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

speeding ticket in another state

Old 04-06-2010 | 07:37 AM
Banned

Desparate times and the pigs need every doughnut they can get. Not only willl you be issued a warrant for your arrest, you will be hit with a slew of fines, penalties, interest, surcharges and other random bullshit they use to steal from you.

Personally, id contest it. They will get all cocky and think that yuo wont do it, but it costs them significantly more to prosecute you on this if you fight.
Old 04-06-2010 | 08:01 AM

I got pulled over for speeding in a construction zone years ago around about 2 hrs away from Vegas. I had to take some shitty online safe driving class and had to pay around 500 for the fine I took the class but lost the envelope to send the payment called the local police and never got an answer so i never paid. Been pulled over since and never heard anything about it. When I moved to Canada they did a background check and nothing showed up.
Old 04-06-2010 | 08:19 AM

[QUOTE=Kyushin,Apr 6 2010, 10:37 AM]
Personally, id contest it.
Old 04-06-2010 | 09:15 AM
Banned

Our officers run on Dunkin

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/
Old 04-06-2010 | 10:35 AM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Kyushin,Apr 6 2010, 10:37 AM
Personally, id contest it. They will get all cocky and think that yuo wont do it, but it costs them significantly more to prosecute you on this if you fight.
You can't be serious. Put away your cop hating attitude for 5 minutes and read...

The guy is from NJ. He was on a trip in Utah. He admitted speeding and that the officer cut him a break from 20 over to 9 over. In Utah, maybe every 10 MPH is a increase in the fine - I don't know.

To the OP, as was stated - its 2 points in NJ for any out of state violation. Even if you get it reduced to a ZERO POINT TICKET IN UTAH, it will transfer to NJ as Out of State Violation, 2 Points. So, unless the ticket is completely dropped, its still points in NJ.
Old 04-06-2010 | 10:38 AM

So lets say it's when you SPEED and get a ticket, forcing you to fight the system and drive their costs up, that police decide to go after more speeders, which you complain about.
Old 04-06-2010 | 10:59 AM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

CU - Is that question directed at me?

If so - There's an enormous difference between fighting a ticket IN ANOTHER STATE ACROSS THE COUNTRY and one in your own backyard. And nothing ever states you need to fight a ticket. The OP admitted fault.

The financial burden of fighting this ticket is all on ebbai. For a 2 point ticket, he should fly to Utah? Oh sorry, postponed, come back next week. No problem, let me just jump right back on a plane.

If it was his backyard or mine (and I think yours too in NJ?), we'd be in and out of court in an hour with a plea for unsafe operation or similar, take the big fine and no points and move on.

My point was two-fold. One, unless this is completely dropped in Utah, as he asked, he will have a 2 point ticket in NJ. Even if its reduced to a no-point violation in Utah, it is 2 points in NJ. Simple as that. The second was towards kyushin, who makes enough comments in any marginally cop related question into a cop bashing post. We know your attitude, you don't need to share it at every opportunity.
Old 04-06-2010 | 11:56 AM
Banned

Dont get anymore defensive gary, CU was most likely pointing that at and teasing me. We have a love hate thing going.

And btw, touche, if you dont like my input then gtfo cause I could care less about how you feel about my attitude. I have seen it countless times in life, someone scrtinizes my attitude towards cops, then the unfortunate day comes when a cop violates and harms the said person then I hear the all too familiar "You were right"

If you love cops so much, then why is it ok for them to have no accountability.... oh wait, we already hashed this out in like 50 other threads

I knew the guy who was shot in his own him in arizona by the cops, he said my attidude towards cops is BS and I need to appreciate them more. Weeks later he was shot in his own home by cops while he needed them most.

/thread
Old 04-06-2010 | 12:37 PM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Kyushin,

I'm not defensive - it just saved a post of YEA or NAY before I answered, so it was a timesave both asking the question of CU and then answering it anyway.

I won't gtfo, nor will you. I merely stated that this thread, which was about a ticket given to a person who ADMITTED fault and had marginally, if any relevance to the police, probably didn't need either your or my attitude towards them to move the thread to /thread state and answer the OPs question.

Wait - nm - I never shared my opinion on the police in this thread or any other (IIRC), so you wouldn't know my opinion.
Old 04-06-2010 | 12:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Heyitsgary,Apr 6 2010, 03:37 PM
Kyushin,

I'm not defensive - it just saved a post of YEA or NAY before I answered, so it was a timesave both asking the question of CU and then answering it anyway.

I won't gtfo, nor will you. I merely stated that this thread, which was about a ticket given to a person who ADMITTED fault and had marginally, if any relevance to the police, probably didn't need either your or my attitude towards them to move the thread to /thread state and answer the OPs question.

Wait - nm - I never shared my opinion on the police in this thread or any other (IIRC), so you wouldn't know my opinion.

Its cool, im just giving ya the s2ki hazing, no offense. I like other people to challenge my way of thinking, it keeps me fresh and constantly reevaluating my perspective so it stays active.

Quick Reply: speeding ticket in another state