Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

speeding ticket

Old 05-24-2011 | 01:26 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um, maybe you need to reread what he wrote. He said the cops put him down for going 85mph when he was only going 70mph. The cop did not put 70mph on the ticket, but 85mph.

OP: Just do a trial by declaration. The officer did not use a radar/lidar so that's just bs. Good luck.
[/quote]

Absolutely not, the judge will give a shit less and instantly stamp GUILTY on the letter.

The only true chance is if he didnt admit guilt to the cop and then calls a lawyer. The court is not there for any sort of arbitration, they are there to impose and collect fines in this matter and that is all.
Old 05-24-2011 | 02:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyushin
Originally Posted by ChefJ' timestamp='1306159610' post='20604954
find out if his car was "calibrated" that day. just like radar and lasers, cars speedometers must be calibrated if he is going to use that as a weapon against you in court.

speeding taxes
That doesnt mean crap, a judge just wants the payout and will not require such proof. The only proof a judge wants is the cops word so he can get the money to sleep with little boys in vietnam.

If you admitted guilt or spoke to the cop then you are screwed, if you did the right thing and kept your mouth shut than and lawyer with a piss can have this amended into a parking ticket.

Cops are nothing more than meter maids with a gun
the judge doesn't always get their way and neither does the cop. Here in Gwinnett county GA the police aren't allowed to use radar or laser guns, because they abused them so much they were banned from them. Sometimes just going after the money can get things taken away from you. I fought a speeding ticket that I obtained from the so called "bullet-proof" airplanes they have in Ohio last year.
They measure your speed in the 1/4 mile according to some white lines on the road and then call in the car to a corresponding police car on the road. they pull you over and write you a ticket depending on what the guy in the plane says you were going. I fought it and won, it would have been my 4th speeding ticket, but I have yet to receive ANY of them.

Fight the ticket regardless of the rhetoric these people may be spewing.
Old 05-24-2011 | 02:23 PM

Um, maybe you need to reread what he wrote. He said the cops put him down for going 85mph when he was only going 70mph. The cop did not put 70mph on the ticket, but 85mph.

OP: Just do a trial by declaration. The officer did not use a radar/lidar so that's just bs. Good luck.
"Absolutely not, the judge will give a shit less and instantly stamp GUILTY on the letter.

The only true chance is if he didnt admit guilt to the cop and then calls a lawyer. The court is not there for any sort of arbitration, they are there to impose and collect fines in this matter and that is all."

so you're saying the govt. is just one large money making conspiratorial organization without boundaries?
Old 05-24-2011 | 03:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my question is,

If it's a marked police car, WTF are you doing speeding up to him?

To me it reads, like you "started it".

What points and fine do you get?
Old 05-24-2011 | 03:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChefJ
Originally Posted by Kyushin' timestamp='1306272407' post='20611238

"Absolutely not, the judge will give a shit less and instantly stamp GUILTY on the letter.

The only true chance is if he didnt admit guilt to the cop and then calls a lawyer. The court is not there for any sort of arbitration, they are there to impose and collect fines in this matter and that is all."

so you're saying the govt. is just one large money making conspiratorial organization without boundaries?
lets just say "safety" isnt the concern they want us to believe it is
Old 05-24-2011 | 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by ChefJ' timestamp='1306275810' post='20611423
[quote name='Kyushin' timestamp='1306272407' post='20611238']

[/quote]

oh I am 100% with you on that assessment. Nothing worse then speeding taxes and driving over the gore taxes etc. they aren't out to "protect and serve" anything but their county/city. If there isn't a way for them to profit from it they won't bother going to the call in some situations.

If he can get out with a small fine and no points everyone can walk away happy.
Old 05-25-2011 | 02:07 AM
Former Moderator

You were visibly speeding, all while KNOWING there is a cop car near you. Good work.
Old 05-27-2011 | 09:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ChefJ
Originally Posted by Kyushin' timestamp='1306281589' post='20611770
[quote name='ChefJ' timestamp='1306275810' post='20611423']
[quote name='Kyushin' timestamp='1306272407' post='20611238']

[/quote]

oh I am 100% with you on that assessment. Nothing worse then speeding taxes and driving over the gore taxes etc. they aren't out to "protect and serve" anything but their county/city. If there isn't a way for them to profit from it they won't bother going to the call in some situations.

If he can get out with a small fine and no points everyone can walk away happy.
[/quote]

Exactly. One thing I have always wondered about is why they do not enforce the true threats on the road, these can also be significantly more profitable than just hounding minor speeders.

1. Tailgaters

2. http://definitions.uslegal.com/i/impeding-traffic/ Its a law and its here in writing, but these assholes never seem to get a ticket... the revenue they could get from this would be profound especially in Phoenix. It seems that on a daily basis, even with NO traffic, there is an over abundance of fux who want to drive 35 in a 55 when it is perfectly to drive the speed limit. Then when you pass them, they floor it and try to ride your ass.

3. Failure to yield and come to a complete stop. Asshats here in AZ have absolutely NO friggin clue at all what it means to yield, I cant count the number of times I have almost been Tboned or hit because someone runs or rolls through a stop sign or doesnt yield.

4. Unsafe lane change, I could define this situation as soneone who will do triple digits to get infront of you then they immediately slow down to 20 under the limit... WTF and there are 4 other lanes and no traffic, I dont get it.

5. Staying at a green light for more than 15 seconds, they see the green but will not go or then it takes them 100 yards per 5 mph speed increases.

I would fully support and back the cops to no end to ticket and enforce all these things but as to why they do not is beyond me. To me it proves that cops and their superiors do not think and only want to feed propaganda and hysteria of the speeding myth, all these other voilations are equally as profitable so why not?!
Old 05-27-2011 | 09:11 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC
You were visibly speeding, all while KNOWING there is a cop car near you. Good work.
Can't argue here... whenever I see a cop, especially when one follows me, I find the nearest shopping center or place to pull over so they can continue to F off. Not gonna let one follow me and just think of any old reason to harass me.