Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

speeding ticket

Old 05-23-2011 | 08:44 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

always fight your tickets. Until you obtain the first one anyway. the points on the license/record will cost you more than the ticket will so at the very least look into that.
Old 05-23-2011 | 01:17 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 148 Likes on 115 Posts

I don't understand the OP's post.
was he going 65 or 85?
Old 05-23-2011 | 01:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fought one with the argument that cop didnt gun me and he paced me, which means speedo has to be calibrated, tires need to be properly inflated, "pace" needs to be for a decent period of time, etc etc. Got mine dropped, but it was probably due to a lax judge more than my arguments.
Old 05-23-2011 | 06:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Silencer_F22
on my way home doing 65mph middle lane cop cars a few cars back, past me up like a normal car doing 70mph, i merge to left lane and speed up to 70mph. cops pulls to the right and hit the brakes and pulls me over. he said that he got a called but it was cancel and when he looked in his rear view mirror i was right behind him. i said i wasn't tail gating him he even said so he said that i was keeping up with him when i was only behind him for 5 secs (he put that i was going 85 in a 70 zone but i may have been going faster because when he looked at his speedometer he was already slowing down and it read 85. on the ticket he put the correct date but circled the wrong day. he put as if the car was registered to me when it under my parents name. then he walked off with my license i had to honk to get his attention so i could get it back. . how would i go about fighting this ticket
If Magician didn't fall in the rapture, this surely would have killed him off.

THE COP TRIED TO HELP YOU OUT BY WRITING YOU A LESSER INFACTION. WHY WOULD YOU ARGUE THAT?

"Excuse me judge, I'd like this case dismissed. You see the cop wrote me for an infraction of only doing 5 miles over the limit, but in reality I was doing 15 over!"

Old 05-23-2011 | 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Silencer_F22
and no were on the ticket did he put "estimated" he just put 85 in the box that says approx. speed
REAL TALK!?!? WHAT DO YOU THINK APPROXIMATE MEANS?!
Old 05-23-2011 | 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteflash
Originally Posted by Silencer_F22' timestamp='1306113557' post='20603582
on my way home doing 65mph middle lane cop cars a few cars back, past me up like a normal car doing 70mph, i merge to left lane and speed up to 70mph. cops pulls to the right and hit the brakes and pulls me over. he said that he got a called but it was cancel and when he looked in his rear view mirror i was right behind him. i said i wasn't tail gating him he even said so he said that i was keeping up with him when i was only behind him for 5 secs (he put that i was going 85 in a 70 zone but i may have been going faster because when he looked at his speedometer he was already slowing down and it read 85. on the ticket he put the correct date but circled the wrong day. he put as if the car was registered to me when it under my parents name. then he walked off with my license i had to honk to get his attention so i could get it back. . how would i go about fighting this ticket

THE COP TRIED TO HELP YOU OUT BY WRITING YOU A LESSER INFACTION. WHY WOULD YOU ARGUE THAT?

"Excuse me judge, I'd like this case dismissed. You see the cop wrote me for an infraction of only doing 5 miles over the limit, but in reality I was doing 15 over!"

Um, maybe you need to reread what he wrote. He said the cops put him down for going 85mph when he was only going 70mph. The cop did not put 70mph on the ticket, but 85mph.

OP: Just do a trial by declaration. The officer did not use a radar/lidar so that's just bs. Good luck.
Old 05-23-2011 | 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by FromaDB2toanAP1
Um, maybe you need to reread what he wrote.
Sorry, I thew my decoder ring away last week...
Old 05-23-2011 | 09:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FromaDB2toanAP1
Originally Posted by whiteflash' timestamp='1306203662' post='20607780
[quote name='Silencer_F22' timestamp='1306113557' post='20603582']

Um, maybe you need to reread what he wrote. He said the cops put him down for going 85mph when he was only going 70mph. The cop did not put 70mph on the ticket, but 85mph.

OP: Just do a trial by declaration. The officer did not use a radar/lidar so that's just bs. Good luck.
[/quote]

actually, it is totally acceptable in most courts for them to estimate your speed.
Old 05-24-2011 | 07:35 AM
20 Year Member

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Estimate in the rear view mirror while changing your own speed? Not likely.
Old 05-24-2011 | 01:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChefJ
find out if his car was "calibrated" that day. just like radar and lasers, cars speedometers must be calibrated if he is going to use that as a weapon against you in court.

speeding taxes
That doesnt mean crap, a judge just wants the payout and will not require such proof. The only proof a judge wants is the cops word so he can get the money to sleep with little boys in vietnam.

If you admitted guilt or spoke to the cop then you are screwed, if you did the right thing and kept your mouth shut than and lawyer with a piss can have this amended into a parking ticket.

Cops are nothing more than meter maids with a gun

Quick Reply: speeding ticket