Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

speeding ticket

Old 05-22-2011 | 05:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default speeding ticket

on my way home doing 65mph middle lane cop cars a few cars back, past me up like a normal car doing 70mph, i merge to left lane and speed up to 70mph. cops pulls to the right and hit the brakes and pulls me over. he said that he got a called but it was cancel and when he looked in his rear view mirror i was right behind him. i said i wasn't tail gating him he even said so he said that i was keeping up with him when i was only behind him for 5 secs (he put that i was going 85 in a 70 zone but i may have been going faster because when he looked at his speedometer he was already slowing down and it read 85. on the ticket he put the correct date but circled the wrong day. he put as if the car was registered to me when it under my parents name. then he walked off with my license i had to honk to get his attention so i could get it back. . how would i go about fighting this ticket
Old 05-22-2011 | 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go to court and plead "not guilty".
Old 05-22-2011 | 06:53 PM
Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,013 Posts

Ticketclinic.com or similar. Only thing you should worry is points on your license.
Old 05-22-2011 | 09:06 PM

you were speeding, take deferred or do driver's safety
Old 05-22-2011 | 09:10 PM

i wanna know tho if you think it will get dismissed. he wrote down v22356(b) which is maximum speed 70mph then underneath he put "85 in a 70".which is VC 22349 Unsafe speed, 1 to 15 miles over the limit. which i am being accused of because he has no proof at all how fast i wash going. he didnt clock me with a radar gun or pacing behind me. he was in front of me and said that he was responding to a call(his lights weren't on and he was driving with the flow of traffic) when it got canceled he noticed i was behind him and he said he was doing 85mph and i was keeping up with him. he circled the wrong day of the week. he didnt put the model of car (which im 100% sure he didnt even read the registration because he crossed the box for the registration saying that it was the same as the drivers. when the car is under my parents name and i dont even live in the same address as them.)and no were on the ticket did he put "estimated" he just put 85 in the box that says approx. speed
Old 05-23-2011 | 01:09 AM

Mistakes might get the ticket dismissed. Aim for that.
Old 05-23-2011 | 05:45 AM

If you really want to get it dismissed, call a lawyer and let them deal with it.
Old 05-23-2011 | 06:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

find out if his car was "calibrated" that day. just like radar and lasers, cars speedometers must be calibrated if he is going to use that as a weapon against you in court.

speeding taxes
Old 05-23-2011 | 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by omairtheman1
This will not work. Clerical issues can be corrected in court.

Originally Posted by ChefJ
find out if his car was "calibrated" that day. just like radar and lasers, cars speedometers must be calibrated if he is going to use that as a weapon against you in court.

speeding taxes
This would be the way to go about it, and what your lawyer should suggest. The lawyer will simply ask if his car was calibrated, and how many miles are on the crusier. The officer will respond it was calibrated from Ford at the factory and that the car as XXX,XXX miles on it. The lawyer will state the ticket it not valid and boom, your free to go and are just out lawyer fees.
(This also partially assumes you have a clean driving record)
Old 05-23-2011 | 08:39 AM

and that depends on the judge.

You can argue accuracy of speedometer without a lawyer.

do you have a video of you following him? Actually, that doesn't even matter, because you are responsible for your speed, not him.

It doesnt hurt to contest it if you have extra time, unless that takes away your xhances for deferred/drivers safety.

Originally Posted by ViperASR
Originally Posted by omairtheman1' timestamp='1306141758' post='20604384
This will not work. Clerical issues can be corrected in court.

Originally Posted by ChefJ

speeding taxes
This would be the way to go about it, and what your lawyer should suggest. The lawyer will simply ask if his car was calibrated, and how many miles are on the crusier. The officer will respond it was calibrated from Ford at the factory and that the car as XXX,XXX miles on it. The lawyer will state the ticket it not valid and boom, your free to go and are just out lawyer fees.
(This also partially assumes you have a clean driving record)

Quick Reply: speeding ticket