Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

School Bus Reported me, now I have a citation?

Old 02-27-2005 | 04:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just pay the fine. Listen, you did pass the bus, accident or not, you could have killed somebody. Try and plea your case by saying it was an accident and you had a semi in front of you or whatever. If you lose, pay the fine. Don't do the coward BS crap where you say it wasn't you and crap like that. That's lying and it's the chicken shit thing to do.
Old 02-27-2005 | 05:26 AM

There isn't a fine in the first place because its not a citation, read the post before making comments. Ignore the letter altogether, nothing should come of it.

Old 02-27-2005 | 04:23 PM

well it happened on the 14th, and I received a letter the 25th.

Also, dont think it was like recklessly passing a school bus like a jackass because kids arent allowed to cross on this road even though the stop sign is out since its two lanes each way, and a middle turn lane. On a road that big, traffic on the other side is not required to stop for a school bus even when its stop sign is out. Thus another reason I didnt realize it had stopped since there was traffic flowing around everywhere when it happened.

I guess for now I'll just ignore it and if they try sending me an official citation then I can go to court and say it may have been my dad or my friends who I let drive my car around when we trade cars for a day sometimes. Then they wouldnt have crap on me for evidence.

And for the person who said don't lie in court...I am lying if I say that defense but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get out of trouble. If OJ Simpson can get away with murder, i better get away with this.

I didnt hurt anyone, and it was an accident but our government court system doesnt accept apologies. Its a cold hard bitch. I usually hate the court system because they wont listen to anyone, and I have been unfairly convicted of other offences and had to pay fines for stuff that I did not do. They wouldnt let me appeal or anything, they just said tough shit before, so I will do anything I can to keep them from messing with me.
Old 02-27-2005 | 04:40 PM

Ignore it until you receive an official citation.

Also, dont think it was like recklessly passing a school bus like a jackass because kids arent allowed to cross on this road even though the stop sign is out since its two lanes each way, and a middle turn lane. On a road that big, traffic on the other side is not required to stop for a school bus even when its stop sign is out. Thus another reason I didnt realize it had stopped since there was traffic flowing around everywhere when it happened.

I dont see how this is not your fault. If you passed by the truck you OBVIOUSLY would have saw the school bus BEFORE you completely passed it.

And for the person who said don't lie in court...I am lying if I say that defense but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get out of trouble. If OJ Simpson can get away with murder, i better get away with this.

Yeah you can't lie, or perjure yourself, but you not incriminating yourself is a fundamental right that's in the Constitution. It's not lying. Actually OJ was tried again in civil court where he LOST. Considering where the case was held for the criminal trial reasonable doubt was certainly valid in my opinion.

I didnt hurt anyone, and it was an accident but our government court system doesnt accept apologies. Its a cold hard bitch. I usually hate the court system because they wont listen to anyone, and I have been unfairly convicted of other offences and had to pay fines for stuff that I did not do. They wouldnt let me appeal or anything, they just said tough shit before, so I will do anything I can to keep them from messing with me.

I don't know how courts feel about not listening to anyone, but if I was a judge and I heard someone bring a frivalous attempt like this then yeah I would not want to listen.

If they dont let you appeal, that's violating your 4th Amendment due process rights. City or state better be paying you some cash. If you really have been unfairly singled out then take legal recourse.

Old 02-28-2005 | 06:20 AM

Like posted above, I wouldn't have posted on a public board until the issue was resolved. BTW, I would say it wasn't me as well. No proof=no ticket.
Old 02-28-2005 | 08:19 AM

Next time you go past a school bus flip him off. F da kiddys I got to get to work. j/k
Old 02-28-2005 | 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by OsamaBinMartin,Feb 26 2005, 06:04 PM
Hey, I was driving down a large 5 lane highway by my house one day, this is a very busy 45 mph road with lots of traffic usually. I guess a school bus stopped, i didnt see him because there was a huge freight truck right behind him so it blocked my vision while they were in the right lane and I was in the lane next to them going the same direction.

I accidentally went past this stopped school bus which supposedly was putting out its stop sign and it airhorned me and scared the crap out of me.

It was an accident, and I couldnt see the bus because it just looked like regular old traffic on this highway where sometimes one lane stops while the other keeps flowing normally.

Anyways, today I just received a citation in the mail that a vehicle registered to me was cited for failing to yield for a school bus. It says to provide the information to the best of my knowledge about who was driving my car at that time.

Then it says RCW 46.61.371
http://www.leg.wa.gov/RCW/index.cfm...eaction=section
states that if you resonably believe that provision of this information is self incriminating you are not required to do so.

Now, is this one of those Plead the 5th type of deals where I just say no comment and they dont have hard evidence to give me a violation since no officer saw it and i never signed it and they cant really indentify it was me.

They can only give the ticket if they can prove without a doubt that it was myself driving, so not answering at all should basically give them nothing to work with. Or does this mean not providing information shows that I feel it self incriminates me which shows them im guilty?

Also, any opinions on if I just reply to them and say I've had like 7 or 8 of my friends drive my car in the past month so I dunno if one of them may have done it when I let them "borrow" my car. You think that could stand up to get me out of this.

Let me know what you guys think. thanks.
Old 03-01-2005 | 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by shaundesjardins,Feb 27 2005, 07:05 AM
Just pay the fine. Listen, you did pass the bus, accident or not, you could have killed somebody. Try and plea your case by saying it was an accident and you had a semi in front of you or whatever. If you lose, pay the fine. Don't do the coward BS crap where you say it wasn't you and crap like that. That's lying and it's the chicken shit thing to do.
Screw that. Plead the fifth.
Old 03-01-2005 | 05:58 AM

You must stop in all lanes both ways unless there is physical barrier such as a median, then the traffic coming from the opposing side does not need to stop. So you should have stopped technically....

I would consult a lawyer just to make sure so you don't get any surprises down the road.
Old 03-01-2005 | 06:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by iatacs19,Mar 1 2005, 02:58 PM
You must stop in all lanes both ways unless there is physical barrier such as a median, then the traffic coming from the opposing side does not need to stop. So you should have stopped technically....

I would consult a lawyer just to make sure so you don't get any surprises down the road.
There was never any question as to whether he should have stopped or not. He said opposing traffic did not stop, so he didn't have that as an indication of the school bus having a sign out.

The one time I ever really tested my brakes in the S was when I was caught off guard by a school bus. Those things stop quick yeah!

Quick Reply: School Bus Reported me, now I have a citation?