Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Running red lights...

Old 01-17-2007 | 07:21 AM

what comes next? shall we make fun of the way black people drive? how about jews, blonds, gays, the handicapped? where does it end?
Old 01-17-2007 | 07:24 AM

I think longer yellow lights would cause people to run even more red lights unintentionally. With a short yellow I imagine most people think ok, the light is yellow so I should stop. If the yellow were extended, many people would think its yellow, but long so I have plenty of time to make it through. this would inevitably lead to more people trying to run through yellow lights and many being caught going through after the light changes to red.
Old 01-17-2007 | 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Kicker,Jan 17 2007, 08:21 AM
what comes next? shall we make fun of the way black people drive? how about jews, blonds, gays, the handicapped? where does it end?
uhhh... lighten up.

i thought it was funny... and i'm a female.
Old 01-17-2007 | 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by C_Unit,Jan 17 2007, 09:31 AM
uhhh... lighten up.

i thought it was funny... and i'm a female.
so i assume you think it is okay to make disparaging remarks about people of color, different religions, sexual orientation and the physically or mentally disabled?
Old 01-17-2007 | 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Kicker,Jan 17 2007, 11:56 AM
so i assume you think it is okay to make disparaging remarks about people of color, different religions, sexual orientation and the physically or mentally disabled?
didn't you already asked that?
Old 01-17-2007 | 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by soul_fly,Jan 17 2007, 10:04 AM
QUOTE (Kicker @ Jan 17 2007, 11:56 AM)

didn't you already asked that?
so then i suppose it is okay.
Old 01-17-2007 | 09:11 AM
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Kicker,Jan 17 2007, 10:21 AM
It had nothing to do with her being blind, deaf, or dumb. It had to do with her being a woman, which is the big joke considering that she was otherwise physically incapable of driving.

Again, what's the problem? Did you sign up on the site just to tell us how offended you were? Give me a break - it's a joke. Unless you're Helen Keller, you've not reason to be offended (and I think even she would laugh at the joke).

Furthermore, if you actually knew me or bothered to read more than one of my posts, you'd see I'm the last person that would make ACTUAL fun of someone in real life (or on here, if we're being serious about something).

And sure, I'd tell jokes about anyone's driving habits if they matched my experience. It's just that women are a common target and I see them doing stupid things behind a wheel constantly, so that's why my joke was about a woman.

Get over it. In fact, here's another one that has nothing to do with race, religion, sex, or handicaps (unless death is a handicap). Let's see what you can find wrong with it.

Why did Princess Diana cross the road?
Because she wasn't wearing her seatbelt.
Old 01-17-2007 | 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by ozthebum,Jan 15 2007, 07:23 PM
I totally feel your pain......I moved to Florida a couple years ago and that seems to be standard practice here.
Yup - it's crazy here!
Old 01-17-2007 | 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Kicker,Jan 17 2007, 09:56 AM
there's a huge difference between being comfortable with the fact that we are all different and being able to have a light-hearted laugh about it, and making offensive jokes at the expense of others. you're obviously too socially retarded to know the difference. dude, shut up... it was a joke, a clever one too. no one was offended by it except you, and you don't count.
Old 01-17-2007 | 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Kicker,Jan 17 2007, 09:56 AM
You assume correctly. It is OK to make fun of any group, as long as it's meant completely in fun, which limitation clearly applies to the Helen Keller joke.

(Plus, it was funny.)

It also seems to me that a guest, particularly one who's been on the forum for a grand total of a day, shouldn't be grousing about others' posting style unless it's clearly warranted.

(In other words: chill out and back off.)

Quick Reply: Running red lights...