Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Running red lights...

Old 01-15-2007 | 03:34 PM

Lately I have been treating 1 stop light like a stop sign coming out of my work. they closed the one exit and I have to go out at a light and make a left turn..... It takes 3-4 minutes to turn somedays...... I don't gots that kind of time mang.
Old 01-15-2007 | 03:35 PM

except NOT really... most of the people (the minivan in my original post, for example) just get caught at another light anyway. i never exceed 65 mph on the freeway on my way to work... people go past me at 80+ mph... and a few minutes later i end up being behind them on the off-ramp waiting for a light.
Old 01-15-2007 | 03:37 PM

most likely, the person running the red will not pay for it.

our world and society are unhealthy. too many people trying to beat each other in the rat race, breakdown of rules so each can get theirs. be careful out there. a red light runner almost t boned me a few weeks ago.
Old 01-15-2007 | 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by dyhppy,Jan 15 2007, 07:37 PM
most likely, the person running the red will not pay for it.

our world and society are unhealthy. too many people trying to beat each other in the rat race, breakdown of rules so each can get theirs. be careful out there. a red light runner almost t boned me a few weeks ago.
remember on Seinfeld George wanted to be called T-Bone.....

now back to your regularly schedule program....
Old 01-15-2007 | 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by clawhammer,Jan 15 2007, 07:32 PM
Saves 2 minutes. And those 2 minutes add up.
I bet you could save two minutes somewhere else in your daily routine for every red light you run.. then you wouldn't be endangering myself and my family every time you're behind the wheel. Smarten up. Some day someone is going to plow the **** into you and then maybe you will change your attitude.
Old 01-15-2007 | 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by C_Unit,Jan 15 2007, 07:35 PM
except NOT really... most of the people (the minivan in my original post, for example) just get caught at another light anyway. i never exceed 65 mph on the freeway on my way to work... people go past me at 80+ mph... and a few minutes later i end up being behind them on the off-ramp waiting for a light.
Sometimes it saves, sometimes it doesn't. Overall I believe it ends up saving time.

The other issue is here in Michigan it's mostly rural, so you go miles and miles between stop lights, and yes, in that case it does end up saving time.
Old 01-15-2007 | 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by vtec9,Jan 15 2007, 07:56 PM
I bet you could save two minutes somewhere else in your daily routine for every red light you run.. then you wouldn't be endangering myself and my family every time you're behind the wheel. Smarten up. Some day someone is going to plow the **** into you and then maybe you will change your attitude.
There is a difference between running a red light and going through it when it's yellow and half-way through it turns to red. Most stop lights have a delay built in, so it takes a few seconds for the next one to turn green after one turned red.
Old 01-15-2007 | 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by C_Unit,Jan 15 2007, 06:35 PM
that's because other type b drivers like yourself *cough* flank them on all sides. with no way out, they're forced to concede defeat, and suffer in the agony motionlessness. at least until the light turns green again...
Old 01-15-2007 | 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by soul_fly,Jan 15 2007, 05:28 PM
that's because other type b drivers like yourself *cough* flank them on all sides. with no way out, they're forced to concede defeat, and suffer in the agony motionlessness. at least until the light turns green again...
ohhh man... i am SO NOT a Type B driver. doing 65 in 55 to get yourself to work in an efficient manner is not "Type B." doing 80 in a 55, weaving through multiple lanes is just stupid... and fruitless. trust me, i'm aggressive but i'm not going to do things to get myself a ticket or kill someone.
Old 01-15-2007 | 04:55 PM

^^^these things are always subjective anyway. but 65 inna 55 is not aggressive, that's normal. efficient?? to describe driving?(you sound like a girl) efficient drivers get on my effin' nerves because they're exactly the people who impede my quest anywhere, not stoplights.

Quick Reply: Running red lights...