Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Road Rage

Old 12-20-2011 | 05:16 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by teanza
all of the XXXTRA slow old ppl in PA. braking uphill every 20 seconds. help me
I know, WTF!! I hate it when some a$$clown pulls right out in front of you only to go slower than the speed limit then turn at the next street!
Old 12-20-2011 | 05:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Switchblade
Originally Posted by teanza' timestamp='1324357565' post='21250032
all of the XXXTRA slow old ppl in PA. braking uphill every 20 seconds. help me
I know, WTF!! I hate it when some a$$clown pulls right out in front of you only to go slower than the speed limit then turn at the next street!
yes dude. it is so painful. i mean in PA the theme is "noone ever gets the F outta the way @ any time, any where, no matter what". good summation
Old 12-20-2011 | 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by takeshi
People that think that stopping or nearly coming to stop is required for right hand turns.

... unless of course it's a right turn on red, in which case stopping IS required. Just... sayin...
Old 12-20-2011 | 12:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On the street, I hate it when I am in the left lane going straight, and the dbag in the turn lane has to turn right before doing their u-turn. I always have to brake and swerve a bit because the nose of the vehicle always comes into the lane I'm in.

Do people not know how to perform a u-turn properly?!?!?!
Old 12-20-2011 | 05:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another thing that pisses me off is when there are multiple turning lanes at an intersection and the person next to me turns into my lane instead of their own. That happens to me at least once every 2 months. >.<
Old 12-20-2011 | 05:32 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ookielookie
Another thing that pisses me off is when there are multiple turning lanes at an intersection and the person next to me turns into my lane instead of their own. That happens to me at least once every 2 months. >.<
I'll do you one better. When in the inner lane of multiple left turn lanes, someone from the outer lane tries to cut in front of you to do a u-turn.
Old 12-20-2011 | 05:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hah! That has not happened to me. That would piss me off so bad! Lol. I'm a generally angry person, as I've come to realize. >.<
Old 12-20-2011 | 05:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kdriver80
It's not so much the littering. I hate it when they chuck their butts out onto the road, gets stuck in my radiator, and I have to inhale the fumes. Not only that, it's a general hazard to throw anything out the window as the driver behind you can't know exactly what it is instantaneously, causing him to potentially swerve and slalom instinctively.
I can definitely get the radiator argument. But if a car in front of you (or anyone) flicks a cigarette out, and you "swerve and slalom instinctively" then you aren't paying enough attention in front of you while you're driving. It's not instinctive to confuse a 4" by 1/4" white stick with a bowling ball.

Originally Posted by luder_5555
That too, but also having lived in So Cal most of my life, I see them as a huge fire danger too. Twice I have seen small fires just starting on the side of the freeway, and no obvious cause for it. I [b]assumed[b] that they were started by cigarettes.Though I really shouldn't get started on smoking, because I won't stop for a few days. I just don't get why people spend so much money on something that they know is shortening their life.
1) You assumed.

2) I don't get why people use this argument. Do you mean if I don't smoke I won't die? Do you mean, you KNOW when you're going to die? And if you smoked, that span of time between now and then shortens automatically? Can you guarantee, and track this factual phenomena?

I still don't know why people buy cars, when it's the highest 'non-natural' cause of death

But on topic: I REALLY hate when people use blinkers AFTER they've already engaged in the turn/change.
Old 12-20-2011 | 06:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

- ebay HID kits.
- people who only have a set of balls while in their vehicle.
- dodge rams.
Old 12-20-2011 | 09:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get why people use this argument. Do you mean if I don't smoke I won't die? Do you mean, you KNOW when you're going to die? And if you smoked, that span of time between now and then shortens automatically? Can you guarantee, and track this factual phenomena?
Seriously? Are you really trying to make the argument that smoking does not in general shorten your life span? I am not saying that if you smoke one cig that you are going to die 20 years sooner, but someone who smokes a pack or two a day is much, much more likely to have respiratory issues, and increase their odds of an early grave.

I still don't know why people buy cars, when it's the highest 'non-natural' cause of death
I would be curious to see if that were actually true. I know that cars are certainly near the top of the list, but I would wager that if you look at deaths per number of people who smoke regularly vs people who drive regularly, that more people die from smoking.

As for people dying in car accidents, it could be argued that other factors were involved, and what caused the accident, and thus caused the death. Though the same thing could be argued for medical conditions and smoking. The difference that I see is that car wrecks are normally caused by someone not paying attention, going too fast, someone being drunk/high, or an unseen danger in the road. Driving the car is not what kills people, it is the ignorance, negligence, and unseen danger. With smoking, it is the cigarette that kills you, and is the act of smoking that brings about the medical complications. I am not saying that 100% of the people who smoke will die because of their smoking, but to try to argue that smoking isn't a health risk is just ignorant.

Just so that you know where I am coming from, three of my close friends have had a family member die from either lung cancer, or due to respiratory issues that were moderate to heavy smokers, and I can't think of a single person that I know who smokes that is as healthy as I am, and I don't particularly do anything to stay healthy. It is well documented that smoking is very unhealthy, and that it DOES generally lead to shorter life expectancy.

That said, I don't personally have an issue if you or anyone else feels the need to smoke. I don't get it, and never will, I just ask that you don't throw you butts on the ground when you are done.

As for cars being dangerous, I agree that they are dangerous, and that there are way too many people who should not have the privilege to be driving a vehicle. At the very least, there should be much more in depth driver training, and getting a licence should be much more difficult than it currently is. I don't believe that cars by themselves, or in the hands of a skilled driver are dangerous, but 3000-6000 lbs moving at 60+mph can be/is very dangerous in the hands of someone not paying attention, or someone how does not have the learned skills to safely pilot the vehicle. The difference between our two points are that one can learn to be a safe driver, you can't learn how to not get lung cancer.

Quick Reply: Road Rage