Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Road Rage

Old 12-18-2011 | 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

people using their freaking high beams and are in you tail!!!
Old 12-18-2011 | 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by ak_random
The #1 thing that pisses me off while driving are the other drivers who aren't paying attention, especially those who are using their cell phones.

+1. just recently i saw it on the news they are talking about banning cell phone use while driving and i said HELL YEA!!!

usually people who are using cell phone while driving usually does some stupid things. merging into freeway at 45mph, changing lane without making sure there are no one in your blind zone, running a stop light, or stopping at green light.
Old 12-18-2011 | 09:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Driving in front of you and throwing cigarette butts out the window to end up getting stuck in my radiator. If you want to smoke, dirty up your own car or stick them in your ash tray.
This one baffles me. I know a person that would be on you if you littered, or even for not recycling, but they have no problem about throwing a cigarette out the window while driving. It is like people don't think that throwing a cigarette on the ground is littering...

Also anyone who doesn't follow the un-written rules that any auto enthusiast or person from Germany would follow. (I.E. no matter how fast you are going, if you are in the left lane, and someone is coming up on you, get out of the way!!!)

Also I have a general dislike of cyclists. If you are going to ride in the road, the same rules apply to you. Including stop signs!!!! I have been flipped off and cussed out several times for coming to a 4-way stop, stopping completely, noticing a biker coming, and making a point to slowly pull out while watching them to see if they would stop. They don't stop, I continue to go through the intersection, and they yell at me for "almost" (not even close) running them over. My response is always, "I got to the intersection way before you, I stopped, it was my turn, and you blew through the intersection without stopping." Their response is almost always, "I have the right away." Mine, " No, no you do not. You are in the street, you are by law required to follow the same laws that I am."

Yes, I do have built up rage about cyclists, but the whole "I am holier that thou because I am riding a bike" attitude bothers me. I also understand that they probably are nearly run off the road on a daily basis by people not paying attention, but I am not one of those people.
Old 12-18-2011 | 10:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

It's not so much the littering. I hate it when they chuck their butts out onto the road, gets stuck in my radiator, and I have to inhale the fumes. Not only that, it's a general hazard to throw anything out the window as the driver behind you can't know exactly what it is instantaneously, causing him to potentially swerve and slalom instinctively.
Old 12-18-2011 | 10:44 PM
10 Year Member

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by nofearofdanger
http://www.cracked.com/blog/9-bad-dr...mplains-about/

EVERYTHING in this article, except for the hazards one.
haha, this is great!
Old 12-19-2011 | 01:20 AM

when people ride my ass
Old 12-19-2011 | 01:33 PM

It's not so much the littering. I hate it when they chuck their butts out onto the road, gets stuck in my radiator, and I have to inhale the fumes. Not only that, it's a general hazard to throw anything out the window as the driver behind you can't know exactly what it is instantaneously, causing him to potentially swerve and slalom instinctively.
That too, but also having lived in So Cal most of my life, I see them as a huge fire danger too. Twice I have seen small fires just starting on the side of the freeway, and no obvious cause for it. I assumed that they were started by cigarettes.

Though I really shouldn't get started on smoking, because I won't stop for a few days. I just don't get why people spend so much money on something that they know is shortening their life.
Old 12-19-2011 | 03:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People throwing cigarettes out of their window pisses me off more than any other bit of driving douchebaggery. Especially in a place like Arizona where everything is so dry and easily burned.
Old 12-19-2011 | 08:06 PM

all of the XXXTRA slow old ppl in PA. braking uphill every 20 seconds. help me
Old 12-20-2011 | 04:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People that think that stopping or nearly coming to stop is required for right hand turns.

People who forget the 12 second rule. Especially the pedal pushing monkeys that think they're fast drivers. If you want to drive faster you need to look further ahead and anticipate, not just alternately mash the throttle and brake pedals.

Originally Posted by ak_random
The #1 thing that pisses me off while driving are the other drivers who aren't paying attention, especially those who are using their cell phones.
^ This. Especially when they end up making a turn from a non turn lane or attempt to exit from a non exit lane. If there are no other cars on the road it's no big deal but typically these people end up stopping or slowing and blocking traffic because they didn't think ahead and believe that they're more important than anyone else. Take responsibility for your actions and their consequences and take the next turn/exit. I do when I make these mistakes.

Originally Posted by s2kdriver80
Not passing anyone in the left lane. Why do you need to drive in the passing lane? Do you think this is like driving in first class or something?
Not passing doesn't bother me as much as left lane camping (even if you are passing). If there's faster traffic behind you, pull over. I definitely practice what I preach. I can't understand wanting to have someone ride your rear bumper.

Originally Posted by thanasis11
the idiot that decided 4-way stop signs are a good idea. Being from europe this thing has been baffling me since day 1. It is just a waste of gas. Why not just put a small roundabouts at those intersections so we dont have to stop all the way every block?
Well, we're stuck with them. People that don't know how to deal with busy 4 way stops. It's not every car on it's own. Traffic in opposing directions needs to go at the same time for a 4 way stop to work as efficiently as possible. Roundabouts would be nice but I wouldn't hold my breath for them to replace all 4 way stops in this country. That also leads me to: improper roundabouts. I know of a real one in Houston but we have another that has one or two stop signs for traffic in the circle (WTF?!).

Originally Posted by zhashmi
People who get infront of you then brake unnecessarily.
I can't drive behind these people. I end up getting frustrated and at the same time "desensitized" to their brake lights which can be disastrous. Not sure why these people (typically old men in automatics) drive with both feet like this.

Originally Posted by ZDan
People who are coming from behind you going faster, but then either A: slow down once alongside you, preventing you from passing slower traffic in your lane, or B: pass you, but slow down once in front of you.
People that camp in other people's blind spots. In traffic it's impossible to avoid but I've definitely had many people (in no traffic) that speed up and slow and continue to remain in my blind spot despite my changes in speed to attempt to move them out of the blind spot.

People not bearing in their direction of turn or turning wide and acting like they are driving an 18 wheel truck. I've seen even normal passenger cars go wide to make simple 90-degree turns.
Why do so many think that they need to swerve in the opposite direction of the turn to make a simple turn? I've nearly been hit many times by people doing this for no good reason. The road was plenty wide and their vehicles were not so large that it was necessary. There's no excuse for swerving out of your lane to turn except for extremely massive vehicles (18 wheelers, buses, etc).

People who think merge means coming to a complete stop. Like driving slow in the passing lane, this kind of behavior not only affects people directly behind you, it causes a cascading chain reaction of needless slowing down for miles, and then some.
People who think that Yield means Stop. People who approach such intersections without having paid any attention to what's going on as they approach and stop when there's clearly no traffic to yield to or stop for.

Originally Posted by KingVen
People who drive slower than the speed limit, nuf said.
Doesn't bother me on multi lane roads as long as they're in the proper lane. There are situations where lower speeds are warranted.

Originally Posted by trAP2
proper way to merge: pull out in first, mash the gas and redline every gear then creep into any gap of cars. I guess its much easier in a sports car
After having driven some rentals I can see why some people are as slow as they are. Not every car is an S.

Quick Reply: Road Rage