Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Road Rage

Old 12-16-2011 | 08:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Road Rage

okay i dont tend to get mad much when driving at all. i drive normal, do the speed limt(for the most part), dont cut people of or anything bad. That being said there is some stuff that drives me nuts about other drivers. The number one thing is when people dont use the damn merge lane when pulling out they just sit there waiting for there to be no cars. If you do this its only a matter of time before you are murdered... The other thing about the merging is when that person infront of you pulls out and does like 5 mph trying to merge over while traffic is doing 55 mph. Speed the f@#k up that might help!! Im getting mad just typing this stuff bc it happens to me like every other day. What pisses you off the most???
Old 12-16-2011 | 09:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

-people cruising at the rate of everyone else in the fast lane
-people running red lights when Im waiting to turn left at the light
Old 12-17-2011 | 12:40 AM

Similar to the above but when driving in CA, it drives me crazy when I'm stuck behind someone driving below the speed limit in the carpool lane.
Old 12-17-2011 | 05:56 AM

in CA, when it's dark or raining and idiots never turn on their headlights. Hi, I can barely see you. And especially in Irvine...people love to run the tail end of yellows and reds. One instance where literally 1-2 seconds after a red, a car comes barreling down at 60-70mph. What they can't wait a few minutes? Ugg... pesky drivers.
Old 12-17-2011 | 06:25 AM

People who get infront of you then brake unnecessarily.
In traffic jams, cars infront of you that speed up and slow down rapidly instead of going one constant speed, forcing you to upshift and downshift 1000 times.
& of course people who go speed limit in the left lane... and refuse to move over.
Old 12-17-2011 | 07:20 AM

The #1 thing that pisses me off while driving are the other drivers who aren't paying attention, especially those who are using their cell phones. They generally can't stay in their lanes, never signal before changing lanes or turning, run yellow and red lights, brake at the last second, etc. I've even seen cases where people are in the wrong lane to take a freeway exit or make a turn on the local street, and instead of driving forward to the next exit or street, they freakin STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF TRAFFIC in order to make their exit/turn. And when I pass them, they're on their cell phones more often than not. Not paying attention leads to all sort of unsafe driving practices, which in turn lead to motor vehicle accidents. That really angers me.
Old 12-17-2011 | 07:35 AM

Received 125 Likes on 102 Posts

People who speed up as you're passing them.
People who are coming from behind you going faster, but then either A: slow down once alongside you, preventing you from passing slower traffic in your lane, or B: pass you, but slow down once in front of you.
People who go slow in the fast lane as long as there's traffic in the other lanes, then speed up by 5, 10, even 15mph as soon as the adjacent lane opens up.

WTF, peeps, go your own opimal speed and be consistent!

And of course, no headlights in the rain/dark/fog. Especially those with DRLs who apparently think no one needs to see them from behind.
Also, DRLs that are the high beams at a lower wattage. It's dimmer light, but it's STILL beaming me directly in the face. (don't see these as much any more, I think they were mainly 90s-era Toyotas and GM/Saturns).
IMO DRLs are dumb, parking lights automatically on (but defeatable) would be as good or better.

Also: Fog lights on, totally clear conditions.
And, rear fogs (which I think are much-needed *when* needed) on for no reason (Canadian cars where rear fogs come on w/ fronts?).
Old 12-17-2011 | 07:36 AM
15 Year Member

Received 3,804 Likes on 2,682 Posts

I always found merge lanes coming from the left of the roadway in many parts of the US tough as they are often very short length merge lanes and you are expected to pull into the faster moving lane, so yeah you have to power your way into the flow of traffic. If someone slows down or stops that is a disaster waiting to happen. In our country all of the merge lanes some from the right, and if needed you can always pull or drive straight onto the right-most shoulder if things don't go well for you, lots of run-off room. Merging into the right-most lane is a bit easier as they tend to dive a bit slower too.
Old 12-17-2011 | 07:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

proper way to merge: pull out in first, mash the gas and redline every gear then creep into any gap of cars. I guess its much easier in a sports car
Old 12-17-2011 | 08:00 AM
10 Year Member

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

main one is when people don't pay attention to the road, see this all the time in a college town. (usually girls) texting or/AND doing their makeup, really?
people that don't use their blinkers, especially when they cut in front of you, they can at least give me a one second warning
and people that pass you and then go in front of you and go slower than the speed you were going when no one is in front of them

Quick Reply: Road Rage