Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Road Rage

Old 08-08-2008 | 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road Rage

I just watched some guy in a VW crapwagon make a left turn across traffic, then stop while blocking oncoming traffic to he figure out what he wanted to do from that spot. A cargo van which was coming at him was forced to stop because he was totally blocked while trying to make a right turn on to the same road as the VW driver so he put his hands up in the air as if to say "What are you doing, wanna move?"

VW driver saw this and for spite he put his car in park for about 10 seconds while the driver of the van shook his head. VW driver then pulls forward, gets out of his car and aggressively walks up to the cargo van's door, screaming at the driver that he should "F right off! Stop being so F-ing small-minded! You F-ing bastard!"

Cargo van driver at this point pulls forward and parks on the right side of the road to go into a store (possibly to seek safety) as the VW driver remains next to the van slamming his hands on the window yelling profanity. When the van driver tries to get out a couple times, VW driver keeps slamming the door shut.

The VW driver is a white guy, about 30-35 years old, about 6'4" tall. Van driver is about 5' even, a little brown skinned guy.

I was worried about what might happen because when the VW driver started walking back to his car, he saw the van driver get out of the truck so VW man turned around and start walking back still screaming at him. Little van dude stood up for himself and said, "If you're making a turn, make a turn. Don't stop in the intersection."

White VW driver didn't know what to say because he was totally in the wrong so he stuck his finger in the van driver's face and said "Just f-ing go back where you came from."

That capped it for me because VW man was totally in the wrong and he stands there threatening the other guy who did absolutely NOTHING wrong, then makes a racist comment like that so I yelled out "HEY!" really fast and loud and the dick looks over at me across the road (i've been watching everything pretty obviously while having a cigarette) and turns around, pulls in his car, and drives away. At that point I just thought it was important to make it known that I was there.

People are jerks. What road rage stories do you people have?
Old 08-08-2008 | 09:10 AM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Received 1,293 Likes on 998 Posts

This is a repost:

I pulled into a Shell station in La Crescenta after work. There were two pumps on the pump island on my left, one in front all grades of gas and one in back diesel only. I stop at the front pump and get out to put gas in my car. A guy is on the other side of the rear pump, facing in the other direction, putting diesel in his truck. A woman pulls behind me in a humungous Ford Excursion, lays on her horn, and starts yelling "Pull forward, pull forward!" I tell her "My car doesn't run very well on diesel," but she's talking on her cellphone and doesn't hear me. The guy putting diesel in his truck is laughing his ass off. I start pumping gas in my car and the woman starts calling me every obscenity in the book. Then, in a fit of anger, she puts it in reverse and floors it without looking in her rear view mirror. She backs violently out into traffic and gets centerpunched by a truck. The guy pumping diesel in his truck high fives me and the whole gas station gives her a standing ovation. Then she jumps out of her excursion and starts yelling at the guy who hit her in the middle of the street. The guy at the diesel pump and I wait for the police to tell them what happened.

Old 08-08-2008 | 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by The Raptor,Aug 8 2008, 09:10 AM
This is a repost:

I pulled into a Shell station in La Crescenta after work. There were two pumps on the pump island on my left, one in front all grades of gas and one in back diesel only. I stop at the front pump and get out to put gas in my car. A guy is on the other side of the rear pump, facing in the other direction, putting diesel in his truck. A woman pulls behind me in a humungous Ford Excursion, lays on her horn, and starts yelling "Pull forward, pull forward!" I tell her "My car doesn't run very well on diesel," but she's talking on her cellphone and doesn't hear me. The guy putting diesel in his truck is laughing his ass off. I start pumping gas in my car and the woman starts calling me every obscenity in the book. Then, in a fit of anger, she puts it in reverse and floors it without looking in her rear view mirror. She backs violently out into traffic and gets centerpunched by a truck. The guy pumping diesel in his truck high fives me and the whole gas station gives her a standing ovation. Then she jumps out of her excursion and starts yelling at the guy who hit her in the middle of the street. The guy at the diesel pump and I wait for the police to tell them what happened.
man that is an awesome story. karma is a biznatch
Old 08-08-2008 | 09:26 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wish I could have been there to see that
Old 08-08-2008 | 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by phizzak.s2k,Aug 8 2008, 09:14 AM
man that is an awesome story. karma is a biznatch
that is a good story dumb c@nt!
Old 08-08-2008 | 10:30 AM

"If you're making a turn, make a turn. Don't stop in the intersection."

Sounds like something "Tuco" would have said .

Old 08-08-2008 | 10:43 AM
Former Moderator

A link to my road rage incident from..Gaw! 7 years ago.. where does the time go?

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7140&st=
Old 08-08-2008 | 10:44 AM

How about getting boxed in by 3 cars @ a dead end, being surrounded by 10 guys while the top was down, having my friend knocked in the passenger seat while i'm begging for my life....yeah I'd rather not re live that again.
Old 08-08-2008 | 11:07 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

When I was in highschool I was riding with a couple friends of mine in one of their old beater trucks.
We were running around on a hot Saturday in downtown when we came to an intersection that can be confusing where the lanes are not marked well. The far right lane is right-turn only, the middle lane is straight only and the left lane is left/straight. The signs on the light bar are not lined up with the lanes so people often get confused.

My friend was in the middle lane and some dude was in the far right lane and tried to go straight and ended up getting cut off by my friend. When we got to the next light we stopped cause it was red. My friend noticed the guy was getting out of his truck and starting to come towards us. Our windows went up so fast we almost busted the handles. He got to the truck and slammed on the glass and had a big 6-7" knife in his hand. Then he said "Scared ya, didn't I!" and then went back to his car.

Old 08-08-2008 | 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Currahee474,Aug 8 2008, 10:44 AM
How about getting boxed in by 3 cars @ a dead end, being surrounded by 10 guys while the top was down, having my friend knocked in the passenger seat while i'm begging for my life....yeah I'd rather not re live that again.
yikes! were you in a jet li movie?

Quick Reply: Road Rage