Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Religion question.

Old 10-11-2004, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Religion question.

To make a long story short, I've been dating my girlfriend for almost three years. She is mormon, but didnt fully abide by the "rules" when i met her. She is now serious about her religion,(no drinking, sex, etc) She now wants me to convert, but I am unsure if this is what I want. Due to me being the total opposite of mormon. I do love her, but dont know what to do! This is a little weird talking about this on a car forum, but i'm pretty much desperate for the right path to take. Any help, or opinions would be great!!
Old 10-11-2004, 03:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

id dump her. I hate when religion comes between you and a woman. If she loves you, as you love her, she should not expect you to change into a mormon for her. thats just wrong IMHO. It sux enough that she has changed her lifestyle with you because of this religion.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:31 PM
Former Moderator

In the end it'll be up to your beliefs/feelings. Personally I wouldn't change. I'm not a very religious person, but I would not want to change my religion.

I never got serious about any girl that was not my religion because of that.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:42 PM

i wouldnt change either... forget that..

if shes gonna dump you over that... then consider it a blessing...
Old 10-11-2004, 03:56 PM

I dont really think that there is anything wrong with the way I am now, so changing myself seems kinda pointless. But for some reason, I keep thinking about how it would be to actually go through with it, and that it couldnt hurt to give it a try.

Greg
Old 10-11-2004, 04:09 PM

car forums are where you'll find the MOST sane people on the planet.

they definately are'nt in the religion forums.

people who pick up a religion for any other reason than their own beliefs are hypocrites. if she loves you but can't get over the religion, she is a hypocrite.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:18 PM

religion isnt somethin that your supposed to "just give it a test try"... at least not for me... its supposed to be YOUR beliefs... not force fed material to get what you want... if you didnt believe it yesterday, how come you believe it now?

thats like me going to a catholic service on the weekends just for the free food...
Old 10-11-2004, 04:35 PM
Banned

many people convert to a religion because they find something in it they like. If being Mormon doesn't appeal to you, you shouldn't convert. There are a lot of religions in this world, and people get married all the time, so it isn't exactly rare to have married people of differing religious backgrounds. There is nothing wrong with converting religions for your spouse - many Protestant sects are very similar, so it isn't a big change for many people, but it obviously depends on the situation.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:39 PM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

no sex? can you just count sex the way bill clinton did????

BJs and Anal baby!

Just messin... dump the bitch or tell her to be a dirty mormon.
Old 10-11-2004, 04:42 PM

I personally wouldn't change.
The oddest thing is my friend was in a similar situation. He's catholic and she's not. He only converted not long ago when he was in the military.
I feel most people choose a religion because they were lost and don't know what the F#ck they are here on earth for. Some people get taken advantage of because they are lost and need someone or someplace to give the "guidance."
I've notice some, not all, are closed minded after they choose a religion.

Quick Reply: Religion question.