Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Red Light Camera Violation

Old 10-14-2013 | 07:04 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by cosmomiller
Originally Posted by vader1' timestamp='1381382947' post='22820181
Our courts have disallowed them in MN. I don't run red lights so it is not a problem anyway, but hate them on principal. But the whole prevention argument is phoney, it is just to treat people like deep pockets for the city.
You may not run lights but you may still get a ticket. For the one and a half years I lived in Burnsville, winter hell, I recall you can make a right on red (after stopping). That legal action may trigger a camera and you may have no way to fight it. Innocent victims are getting nailed here.

I don't know where that comes from, red light cameras are still illegal here.

http://blogs.mprnews.org/capitol-vie...awmakers_push/

The legislature tried to repass the cameras this year and it failed again. St Paul has cameras installed in a couple intersections and not in use because they were just installing them when the state supreme court struck them down. Never heard of anyone getting ticketed in Burnsville.
Old 10-15-2013 | 08:20 AM

the city of Chicago is removing red light Cameras in some locations now. but they are putting up speeding Cameras now and they are hard to see. in Chicago you can just say it was not you driving and they will forgive the ticket but im not sure how true it is because i have not gotten a ticket in a long time. unfortunately i do speed a lot so that might change.
Old 11-21-2013 | 02:44 PM

A Texas county determined red light cameras increase accidents. The use of them is great for rev.

If you're worried about being watch, red light cams are small fries. Most public traffic cams are feeding into city/county db's where plat info is recorded. Upon request an officer can determine your regular driving patterns.