Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Questions about this episode of 24

Old 11-05-2002, 09:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about this episode of 24

How did they link the guys at the body shop to the nuclear threat? I didn't see the first season so I don't know anything about them - They also mentioned that Jack put a guy behind bars - who was it and why? Who was the guy that Jack was trying to get a meeting with?

What a great show, I've been hooked ever since I saw the first episode this season!
Old 11-05-2002, 09:58 PM

I don't remember any of those guys being mentioned last season. I believe they linked them based on some information the NSA got in the first episode last week and that's why they wanted Jack to help them because he already had a connection to them.

I agree, it's a great show and I can't imagine what the brainstorming sessions are like where they figure out all of the awful things they're going put the characters through. Jack's daughter has been to hell and back about ten times since the first episode last year and it looks like more of the same for this season.
Old 11-05-2002, 10:04 PM
lig
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 40 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm having difficulty feeling TOO sorry for Kim. If she would only listen to her Dad once in a while she wouldn't have near the amount of problems that she has had to endure!

Of course the show wouldn't be nearly as interesting either... :-)
Old 11-06-2002, 07:38 AM

how realistic would it be if a daughter were to actually listen to her father.

also, wickerbill is right. Jack was meeting a guy that he put away in his pre-CTU undercover days. somehow this guy, joe, is thought to be linked to the nuclear threat. HOWEVER, according to the preview for next week, the guys in the garage do not appear to be directly involved with the nuclear device. In so much as the explosive device they were using is meant to take out CTU HQ.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:05 AM

What about the head that was in the bag? Who was he, why was he killed, and how did Jack end up with the head? I am still confused by all the things happening at once.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:11 AM

Did you see the first episode? It was a witness against the guy Jack was trying to talk to in last night's epiode. He was brought into the office and Jack shot him last week and then asked for a hacksaw. He obviously used it to cut the guy's head off so he could prove to these guys he was on their side.
Old 11-06-2002, 08:41 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wickerbill
[B]I don't remember any of those guys being mentioned last season.
Old 11-06-2002, 09:28 AM

My girlfriend and I were recently hooked on the show after watching last weeks first episode. We're trying to catch up by renting last season's DVDs from blockbuster, only on 6am so far. As for this weeks episode, I think that Jack had some connection to the body shop guys b/c he might have put one of them away or a friend of theirs away. So the CTU had to find Jack again to help out with this case. wickerbill is correct in using the witnesses head to get "in" with their group. However, I'm unsure of how all this ties to the nuclear threat going on in the show.
Old 11-06-2002, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now I have one question....

I am a LOYAL FAN of 24 watched since the very first episode. The one thing that got me a lil confused is these people Kim is staying with. Who is this guy to her? Is she there nanny or something? Anyways remember Jack's last name is "Bauer" and they said yesterday his last name was "BRUSH" so it was when he was undercover before CTU. I kept hearing something about gainesville (or was my cold meds kicking in)?
Old 11-06-2002, 11:05 AM

She's their nanny. I guess that's what she decided to do after last season. I belive a year has passed since that "day".

Jack is undercover and I believe the Gainesville reference is to his serving time in prison there. They had to forge that record last night on the computer and that was the part where the guy had trouble pulling up the record to prove his story was true.

As far as how they got the information, I would guess that the NSA got it from that guy they tortured. It linked them to those people, who they then linked to Jack and that's how CTU got involved. They don't always give you every single detail of everything and a lot of times things are fuzzy until later in the season as stuff starts to develop and make more sense.

Quick Reply: Questions about this episode of 24