Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Question on a ticket

Old 05-27-2001 | 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My oldest son got a speeding ticket for doing 58 in a 55. He went to court and the cop wasn't there. He pleaded not guilty and instead of dismissing the ticket the judge rescheduled the court date. I didn't know about this and was PO'd when I found out about the judge not dismissing. Any one got an idea on what to do next. I'm Not sure about it sence it went this far.
Old 05-27-2001 | 03:54 PM

He got a ticket for going 58 in a 55 mph zone? Where do you live? I'm staying away from there. I remember when I went to court, the judge said that he's not dismissing anybody that sped over 80 mph. He said he would reschedule the court date until the officer showed up. Man you guys live in a very tough area.
Old 05-27-2001 | 04:00 PM

We don't live where he got the ticket, that was in Oklahoma. All the sighns start at 1 mile over the speed limit is a ticket. Okies are tough when it comes to intimidating young folks. I still would like some input on this instead of just running out and hiring a lawyer.
Old 05-27-2001 | 04:11 PM

I can't believe that the judge is not dismissing for going 3 miles over the posted speed? I would think it costs more to reschedule the court date than the original fine of the ticket! That makes no sense.

Not sure hiring a lawyer would be worth it (it might cost you more in the end just to prove your point).

Just curious. How much is it? is Oklahoma known for reducing/dismissing traffic tickets?
Old 05-27-2001 | 05:05 PM

That is so messed up up. I'd be pissed. Was he driving the S2K?

Some cops/judges are just A-holes.

That is so jacked up. It's ridiculous
Old 05-27-2001 | 05:13 PM

Did your son get a ticket for doing 58 in a 55, or written up as 58 in a 55? There is a difference.

Do you live in Oklahoma? If not, would the ticket show up where you live? If it does not show up, pay the fine. Or if he will not be returning to Okalhoma, give them a big FU and the finger of your choice, maybe even two.

Usually one ticket does not do too much to the insurance premium. It sounds like they have it out for him anyway, and a lawyer will not help much.

Lance
Old 05-27-2001 | 05:16 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

agree with the other posts... hard to give advice since you dont indicate where you live...
Old 05-28-2001 | 10:01 AM

Originally posted by wanabe
agree with the other posts... hard to give advice since you dont indicate where you live...
We live in Arkansas. The ticket was given to him in Oklahoma. I'm not sure what the answer is for the ticket showing up on his record. I would say with all the new data bases being interlinked that it would. It would not be good for me to show up in Poteau, Oklahoma as my temper is short and I would end up in jail after I kicked some piss poor fulking cops ass up one side of the street and down the other! Sorry. The thing is that he had to take off work to show for court and now he will need to miss another days work. He was driving a 2001 focus 2dhb. I beleive that answers most questions. I thank you for your responses.
Old 05-28-2001 | 10:19 AM

This is totally f'ed up. It makes me so upset just hearing your story. I get all worked up hearing it.
Old 05-28-2001 | 10:35 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had a reschedule when the cop did not show. Made the mistake of trying to fight it through because it was a similar BS ticket, and it this case it was a mistake. A comedy of errors (not HAHA funny) eventually cost me many hours and over $1000. The system is very slanted to just collect funds and if you fool with it sometimes it is worse.

Quick Reply: Question on a ticket