Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Question for those prone to speeding tickets!! or cop bait!

Old 01-13-2004 | 09:44 AM

well damnit...my friend is a LIAR lol..oh well...sounded good anyway.
Old 01-13-2004 | 09:45 AM

hahaha.. i tried that pay over deal. it didn't work. not only that, but i lost 1 dollar i think.
Old 01-13-2004 | 10:00 AM

go to ticketassassin.com for ideas in Calif.
Be nice, professional and PREPARED. I caught the cop in a lie and the judge threw out my ticket. He said he had parked in a place where he could see my light was red, but he was at the intersection due to an accident (someone else really did run a red light) and I asked him, in court, why he parked 100 feet from the intersection when the accident was on the other side of the intersection, and he had no answer. The judge knew then that he had never seen my traffic light.
Old 01-13-2004 | 10:44 AM

hmm thanks for the info AndyS2. i think i will try to postpone it as long as i can..then maybe i can be applicable for traffic school.. heh.. also if its not paid yet.. then its not on ur record yet.?

i guess this is what its like to have a nice car... cops just think ur car is going WAY faster than the crappy cars passing you on the highway....riiite..

im not used to the attention.. haha i used to drive an old lexus..and no one would look twice..

Oh, BTW.. if ur not going to fight a ticket.. u can at least lower ur fine! just goto the court , set up a date, and plead guilty. They usually reduce ur fine by 1/2!!! .. just so u know.
Old 01-14-2004 | 06:29 AM

i got pulled over last week(i was doing speed limit @ 45 mph). the cop said "you looked like you were going pretty fast there, next time slow down". he let me go but what a waste of time. i guess he was bored.
Old 01-14-2004 | 09:42 AM

Razor.. at least he let u go.. its strange he realized ur speed and still pulled you over...
Old 01-14-2004 | 04:48 PM

hmmm....i think it is weird how cops pull u over for the most strangest things.....there was this time where dad carefully drove my uncles car home...and the cops followed us....till we reached out uncles home...hahaha...the cops said someone complained about our wheel woobling dangerously on the roads.....so they band the car off the road and gave it a hazard sticker....turns out that the hub cap wasnt placed on properly...hahaha....
and the stupid thing was....the cops didnt bloody test the freaking car...b4 giving us the ticket and banning the car...i mean...wouldnt u want to see if the complaints r true...or at least check if it is really that bad???
Old 01-14-2004 | 06:36 PM

always take EVERY ticket to court. There is a 60% the officer will not show, you then simply say motion to dismiss due to lack of witness. The case gets thrown out automatically. After a continuance the percentage increases more. There are many things you can do in court that will get you out of the ticket as well.

Before your court date request a motion of discovery from the police station of the city hall and obtain a copy of the front AND back of the officers ticket, the calibration records of the officers radar gun, the officers training with said radar gun, (in most states officers are required to have 16 hrs of classroom time leanring about radars, and 24 of watching a cop use them on the road), and the officers log book for that day.

In your case you will be arguing that he clocked a different car and mistook it for yours. Go back to that same spot and take a picture EVERY day for a week or more at the same time you got pulled over. The pictures should show that there were too many cars on the road to pick one out. Better yet if the road is REALLY busy video tape it. Do this for a few days, you need to prove that this is a consistent occurence. Also if the cop has had minimal training using a radar bring that up. If his log book shows that he has clocked everyone at X speed for the last week using that radar it shows that broken and not properly calibrated. Mention everything you possibly can.

Once in court plead NOT GUILTY, do NOT try to plea bargain for a smaller punishment. You can and should win this and any case. Go and present every thing you have discovered. You must appear to be knowlegdle, do not be afraid to object to the officers testimony, he is not suing you, the state is, he is mearly their witness. You should win this case. Have fun
Old 01-14-2004 | 07:01 PM

I was pulled over by a State Trooper once (in a '99 red Firebird), and the cop told me (after I asked to see the radar, because my cruise was set at a speed that wasn't indicated by his radar, and he had me sit in his cruiser), that "red cars are attracted by radar".

Keep in mind I knew this, but I didn't ever expect an officer on duty writting my ass up to tell me this.

I was a minor, and the Ohio driving law stated I had to go to court. I should've contested the charge, because I was surrounded by cars, and there really wasn't a way for him to have tagged me, but I accepted guilt, and the magistrate asked to hear my story.

Needless to say, it cost me a whole 20 bucks for doing an alleged 17 over in a fines doubled construction zone, with no points on the license.

He had to suspend my license for 28 days (mandatory under the law), BUT gave me school and work privilages. In fact, I test drove several cars during that time. Dealer didn't ask for my license, so I didn't tell. :-) Hell, the magistrate was going to give me "prom privlages" as well, if ours wasn't the weekend before the court date.

On the record the magistrate said that he drove a red sports car, and was appaled by the entire ordeal. Maybe I should've fought it, but 20 dollars is a lot cheaper than hiring an attorney.
Old 01-15-2004 | 12:24 AM

hmm thanks for the advice..
such a bs ticket...i could fight it but i think ill lose..

Quick Reply: Question for those prone to speeding tickets!! or cop bait!