Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.
View Poll Results: What do you think of Police
They are necessary
23.33%
I love them, they protect and serve
6.67%
They are fat, lazy, power hungry bastards
13.33%
If we didnt have the CHP, more money could be given to education
0%
The majority are bastards unfortunately, but there a few good ones out there
33.33%
Traffic Viloations are B.S. and do not PROTECT nor SERVE anyone
23.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Police

Old 06-08-2005 | 05:57 PM

Default Police

Personally I despise the Fing bastards, I have received so many BOGUS tickets, that i have lost all miniscule respect for them, I understand in cities of crime they do have uses, but TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS ARE BS!!!!!!!!!!, They are made for the lower 1% of the population and anyone with a brain could easily drive safely above posted speed limits, not to mention posted speed limits are nothing.
A COP can write you a ticket for unsafe speed for whatever speed he estimates you to be going!

I received an unsafe speed ticket today in a parking garage, I admit i was going over 5 mph BUT WHO DOESNT, i would get rear ended going 5 mph, i was in first gear so my engine might of been loud but cMon, he took the keys from my car and said he was going to give me a misdameanor for exhibiton of speed, I replied ARE YOU SERIOUS, he retorted DO I LOOK SERIOUS, I have never seen such blatant unprofessional behavior from an individual, he asked for my "stuff" , wtf?
Well after 30 minutes of him copying down the crims scene and realizing there were no skidmarks or anything of the sort, he says hes going to let me off with unsafe speed 35 in a 5, is it even posssible to get to 35 in a parking garage

Anyways end of rant

BTW I have also gotten a sound violation ticket in the S, it was up half way and STOCK, unbelievable!
Old 06-08-2005 | 08:06 PM

im going with the fat and lazy, but there is only one cop that i am cool with and he is cool with me . My neighbor his got a new m3
and plus he gave me a pba card so he is cool in my book but everyone else r f@gs ftp4life
Old 06-08-2005 | 09:35 PM

IBTL
Old 06-08-2005 | 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Austblue,Jun 8 2005, 09:35 PM
IBTL
whats that mean?

im still shook up by this ticket, officer was so unproffesional GET OUT YOUR STUFF! IF YOU TRY TO FIGHT THIS I WILL DROP THE TICKET AND FILE A MISDAMEANOR OF EXHIBITION OF SPEED, can he do that?
Old 06-09-2005 | 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by jiggagnome,Jun 9 2005, 12:37 AM
DROP THE TICKET AND FILE A MISDAMEANOR OF EXHIBITION OF SPEED, can he do that?
Yes, I believe he can do that, but you should definitely fight it. It will probably not go to trial; thus, he probably won't learn that you fought it.
Even if he does exactly what he threatened, you can fight that, too.

Sorry to hear about your ticket, BTW. I have a court date for speeding next Monday...
Old 06-09-2005 | 03:55 AM
jah

a friend who always is careful to drive within the speed limit got a ticket for speeding 43mph in a 35, his speedo read 41 at the time.

the buy out was $110.00 for 2points and defective vehicle.

i thinks the cops have better things to do, just fat/ lazy.
Old 06-09-2005 | 04:50 AM
mav

Guess why cops refer to black people as DAN?
Old 06-09-2005 | 04:50 AM

There are some good cops and some dick cops. Some younger cops seem to have inflated ego's due to that gun on their side. I think that mostly goes away after a little bit of time.

I would imagine the entire 'rice' scene has some cops a bit on edge so when they see an S2000 with a big exhaust ripping around they are just looking for a reason to pull ya over.

I have been pulled over at least 10 times that I have not gotten a ticket.... but I am a fairly innocent looking white guy.
Old 06-09-2005 | 04:52 AM

They are for the most part useless, my parents got robbed at gunpoint at their store and it took them over 1hr to get there... just a small example of great work.
Old 06-09-2005 | 05:21 AM

Mostly useless, as far as preventing crime goes. Cops only respond to crime, they do not prevent it.

Traffic cops are simply revenue-generating assholes. I have no respect for them. They get paid to enforce the exact same laws they break all the time, which is a bunch of bs.

Quick Reply: Police