Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Please join me in my hate for....

Old 05-18-2009, 06:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Impulse147,May 16 2009, 11:16 AM
I'd much rather sit through a Miley Cyrus concert than sit through a Dave Matthews concert.Every time I'm at a campus party I wanna punch the guy/girl that wears a DMB T-shirt or puts a DMB song into the playlist.

i hate dave mathews band.... and a good portion of why i hate them is the fans.

example:
guy at a party replaces the ACDC cd in the stereo with dave mathews while we are out playing beer pong. this started an argument, bottom line he said (exact quote) 'dave mathews band is the best band to ever come out of the US.' i loved how he eliminates the beatles and a number of other bands conveniently with that 'in the US' part. i guess he knew he wouldn't win that argument.

just to preemptively throw this out there, if anyone agrees with the douchebag in my example, you fail at music. anyway i don't care if you like DMB, but please people... don't be that guy.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by S2KNJ,May 18 2009, 08:52 AM
Jam bands... you either get it or you don't.

I'm not surprised that's the only song you've heard in years but since then they've had some great tours, they don't need an album out to justify a tour. in fact i prefer to see them when there isn't an album out, much rather see them playing some old classic stuff.

how much radio play did the dead get? yet year after year they were a great touring band, same as Phish is now... can't judge a band by thier radio play.

...nothing worse than sitting next to somone waiting to hear Crash or some other DMB radio hit.
The only DMB songs I really like much are American Baby and Ants Marching. They're the only ones that I really remember that well, and they're two of DMB's bigger radio hits. I've honestly never had much interest in looking up any of their other stuff, so I suppose it's safe to say that I'm not a DMB fan.

Then again, most of my knowledge of a band's repertoire is either from radio airplay (hence the reason why I listen to a lot of Led Zeppelin, Foreigner, Boston, etc.) or like the band well enough to actually check out their albums (hence the reason why I listen to a lot of Breaking Benjamin and Cake), so I suppose my taste in music isn't as broad as I'd like to think it is.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think they have any fans. Their live shows are just an excuse to load kegs in a pickup, do some shrooms, and catch herpes.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:31 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by thebig33tuna,May 18 2009, 09:23 AM

i hate dave mathews band.... and a good portion of why i hate them is the fans.

example:
guy at a party replaces the ACDC cd in the stereo with dave mathews while we are out playing beer pong. this started an argument, bottom line he said (exact quote) 'dave mathews band is the best band to ever come out of the US.' i loved how he eliminates the beatles and a number of other bands conveniently with that 'in the US' part. i guess he knew he wouldn't win that argument.

just to preemptively throw this out there, if anyone agrees with the douchebag in my example, you fail at music. anyway i don't care if you like DMB, but please people... don't be that guy.
I'm not sure DMB is good to play beer pong with

...and i don't think i would turn off AC/DC and throw a disc in...

Different likes... kind of like trying to say the S2000 is a great car to a mustang driver...
Old 05-18-2009, 06:39 AM

Even if you aren't a fan of DMB there are many, many far worse musical acts out there who pale by comparison. Send them your hate instead!
Old 05-18-2009, 06:44 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

I like DMB and like their new song, Funny the Way It Is. I love their old stuff, Best of What's Around, Crash, Ants Marching, Satellite, Crush, etc.

If you don't like them, fine, but I still like them after all these years. Call me gay, but I actually like some songs from Alanis Morissette too.

Of course, take the above with me liking Eagles, Mayer, Buble, Flo Rida, Lady Gaga, Baby Bash, Kid Rock, Sir Mix, Metallica, Journey, Disturbed, NIN, etc.

So is my music taste all over the map?
Old 05-18-2009, 06:46 AM

Who are we talking about again?
Old 05-18-2009, 07:01 AM
Former Moderator

I'm surprised anyone can fit in a venue with him and his ego.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Ubetit,May 18 2009, 07:01 AM
I'm surprised anyone can fit in a venue with him and his ego.
KANYE AND DMB - LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN, THEN! GOGOGOGO
Old 05-18-2009, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by RebelS2k,May 18 2009, 10:10 AM
KANYE AND DMB - LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN, THEN! GOGOGOGO
we need a poll. biggest ego?

i wonder if dave also likes fish sticks.

Quick Reply: Please join me in my hate for....