Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Please join me in my hate for....

Old 05-16-2009, 03:51 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think their new song is good.

I'm not a fan though of DMB in general. I don't plan on becoming one either.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:21 PM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

DMB has gone downhill unfortunately....being a drummer I am in f@cking love with Carter Beuford and would have his children......but I think Daves drinking too much and is killing his gift

It's because of Dave Matthews though, that I found Tim Reynolds and Bela Fleck
Old 05-16-2009, 08:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

call me a puss but the first time me and my wife made love crash into me was playing

besides that carter beauford is a bad sumbitch
Old 05-17-2009, 06:03 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was a DMB fan...here lately I find myself listening to their "older" music. Not a big fan of their recent releases. I went to a concert was and realized the "precription" to have a good time was LOTS of alcohol and other things... I've never gone back to see one since and I remembered Dave's performance being barely a 1 on a scale of 5.

I like the song "Stay of Leave" Dave Matthews Some Devil.

And of course the "classics" like:

Satellite - Under the table and dreaming
Typical Situation - Under the table and dreaming
Too Much - Crash
Old 05-17-2009, 01:46 PM

Location: All up in your inner tubes. Whatcha gonna do sucka?

Originally Posted by airgate,May 17 2009, 08:03 AM
other things...
DMB isn't the only band that mystically sounds better after smoking pot
Old 05-17-2009, 09:11 PM

DMB has a very unique sound that has managed to remain popular despite music and musical attention spans generally deteriorating into utter shitdom over the last 15 years. I don't consider myself a huge fan (just a basic fan really), but, they do have some songs I love, and not all of them the radio spinners you'll always hear. For example, I HATE the song Satellite, but love several radio-unfriendly tunes like The Proudest Monkey, and yes, the most overplayed DMB song ever, Ants Marching.

I don't blame people who hate DMB. I have a lifelong friend whose sister is absurd about DMB, and as a result, he feels entitled to hate them with every fiber of his being (and does so). There are a lot of DMB crazies and I'm not sure why, but DMB do seem to put on a good show (never been to one of theirs) and seem to particularly cater to college audiences. They may not be a band that challenges with lyrics, but Dave can turn a phrase pretty well, cutting edge content or not. Their arrangement I think is also still pretty daring even 16-18 years after they started, especially in the face of a Top 40 that is dominated by some real garbage like the latest dance house remake of Right Round, and 3-song replay rotations that include 2 Lady Gaga songs and Britney Spears to "break things up". But, now I'm ranting...

I will say though that, hate the band or not, I don't think anyone could disagree that Carter Beauford is an incomparable widowmaker on the skins. Percussionists like that just aren't around anymore.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:53 AM

Received 45 Likes on 42 Posts

Wow!!

A thread on DMB.

Been following this band since '94 or so and while I could sit her at my office and write y
Old 05-18-2009, 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by Slamnasty,May 18 2009, 12:11 AM
Their arrangement I think is also still pretty daring even 16-18 years after they started, especially in the face of a Top 40 that is dominated by some real garbage like the latest dance house remake of Right Round, and 3-song replay rotations that include 2 Lady Gaga songs and Britney Spears to "break things up". But, now I'm ranting...

I will say though that, hate the band or not, I don't think anyone could disagree that Carter Beauford is an incomparable widowmaker on the skins. Percussionists like that just aren't around anymore.
Well said... and i'll add that the songs that you actually hear on the radio are no twhat this band is about. Go see them live

Random Carter:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfiPYNd0BzY [/media]&feature=related
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84UoUPcvQCs [/media]&feature=related
Old 05-18-2009, 05:32 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Wow, now you are done with them? They were played out in 94-96, but then the popularity died enough and you could get some good live albums. DMB is a great band - great live. Carter is one of the best drummers I've ever heard. That said, I don't think I've heard anything newer than American Baby.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT,May 18 2009, 08:32 AM
Wow, now you are done with them? They were played out in 94-96, but then the popularity died enough and you could get some good live albums. DMB is a great band - great live. Carter is one of the best drummers I've ever heard. That said, I don't think I've heard anything newer than American Baby.
Jam bands... you either get it or you don't.

I'm not surprised that's the only song you've heard in years but since then they've had some great tours, they don't need an album out to justify a tour. in fact i prefer to see them when there isn't an album out, much rather see them playing some old classic stuff.

how much radio play did the dead get? yet year after year they were a great touring band, same as Phish is now... can't judge a band by thier radio play.

...nothing worse than sitting next to somone waiting to hear Crash or some other DMB radio hit.

Quick Reply: Please join me in my hate for....