Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Please be careful out there!

Old 10-20-2001, 03:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by TommyAmrani
how fast was that m3 traveling?
Apparently >200km/h, but the exact speed is unknown. Its a miracle that his girlfriend survived - an amazing testament to modern automobile construction. To bad it couldn't have done the same for him.

So much can hang on a split second decision...

Cheers,

Kevin
Old 10-20-2001, 04:50 PM

does anyone know how old he was? if he was young, and his parents bought the car for him, then his parents will probably blame themselves for buying him a car this fast (it's like giving him a loaded gun). that's why my parents didn't get me the supercharger, and won't let me get one until i'm much more mature (i just turned 17).
i really feel bad for his family.
i hope he has a great after-life.
Old 10-20-2001, 04:59 PM

Sorry to see the pics', I have a friend who just got an m3, I will forward the pics' to him in hope that he will slow it down. He already has a big problem with speed.

Be safe!
Old 10-20-2001, 05:05 PM

Originally posted by moyopoyo
does anyone know how old he was?
If I remember correctly, he was 28 years old. He bought the car himself, just obviously wasn't being careful enough with it. And yes, his older brother and whole family are devastated by this loss. Such a violent accident is a very hard way to lose a loved one.

Cheers,

Kevin
Old 10-20-2001, 05:07 PM

The Atlanta Club is going on a mountain drive in the morning. This will remind me to tell others to stay within the speed limits and play it safe on passing. I know quite a few still will be flying.

It's a mircle the girlfriend lived to tell. Crash design technology is wonderful!
Old 10-21-2001, 09:28 PM

I've seen how they drive in South Africa. Speed limits are basically ignored since the cops have better things to do. Overtaking on blind crests over double lines and such insane behaviour is all too common. Their road (death) toll is incredible.
Old 10-22-2001, 01:49 AM

Simply terrible, I have cold shivers all over from this thread. That his passenger survived is a testament to crash testing and passive safety.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:40 AM

I'm sorry to hear about Simon. His M3 took a lot of damage. At least the passenger compartment stayed intact well enough for his girlfriend to live.
Old 10-22-2001, 10:53 AM

that's just scary and crazy....great googley moogley
Old 12-21-2001, 06:31 AM

S Racer,

I'm the founder of the Atlanta Club! I have been to one of the North Ga Mountain drive! And that was enough for me! The Atlanta local club do not sponsor any drives like such to the N. GA mountain! It has always been group of S2000 owners, mostly "Atlanta members" decided to go for the drive!

I went on a drive with them one time in Nov. and never again! (If I'll go again, I'll be in the back of the pack with my radio!) They were going a bit too fast! and dangerously passing on the curves and double yellow lines. Those are not actions WE- "Atlanta club" supports! We are looking into a lot of activities and track rental in the local or tracks which are close to us in the near future (2002)! The local Atlanta club want to let our members to push their car to the "safe" limits on a SAFE environment! There is an DE (driving education) event coming up in Jan 12-13 sponsored by ABC (Atlanta Boxster Club)!

Quick Reply: Please be careful out there!