Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Persuasive Speech Topic!

Old 11-07-2006, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Persuasive Speech Topic!

Hey, I need to make a persuasive speech for my public speaking class and need help picking a topic. I want to do something on cars because thats what my past 3 speeches has been about and I want to do all 4 of my speeches on cars. My last speech was on why you should get tune ups for you car. Any ideas? Anything will help, thanks.
Old 11-07-2006, 03:27 PM

Why don't you talk about how domestic cars run if they don't get tuned at the right time versus import cars.

Like for example, my mom has always driven domestic cars and after 2 years things always go wrong. Not only with tuning her car but alot of hers started burning oil like crazy, her engine started making weird noises and such.

On the upside with imports...my boyfriend drives a 14 year old car and he just rebuilt the engine himself in April. The only reason why his engine went was because he autocrossed it for 2 years and the car had never been pushed that way before.

Hope that helps!
Old 11-07-2006, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Street racing. You can take the easy way out and argue against it or take the hard road.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:23 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Why you should wax your car regularly.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:33 PM

explain how NA is better than turbo/supercharge
Old 11-07-2006, 05:24 PM

i have a full persuasive speech already written out as to why you shouldn't drink soda if you want it you PM me its about ~5min.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Presidente,Nov 7 2006, 05:33 PM
explain how NA is better than turbo/supercharge
that would be impossible
Old 11-07-2006, 06:22 PM

It seems that most people here fail to understand what a persuasive speech is, which may stem from a lack of understanding of what it means to persuade.

To persuade means to cause to act - as opposed to convince, which means to cause to believe. A speech about the difference between this and that, or whether one should do this or that, or whether this is better or worse than that is not a persuasive speech. If you want to impress the person who will be grading you - assuming that this person genuinely knows what a persuasive speech is - you will fail if you follow any of the suggestions above: none is persuasive. If I were grading a persuasive speech I would give a failing grade to all of those suggested above.

If you want a persuasive speech, decide on something you want someone to do - go out on a date with you, destroy the cross-town football rival, vote, join the Marines, start a retirement account, adopt a kitten from the animal shelter, whatever - and present a speech designed to get them to do that. Do not present a speech designed to get them to believe it is the right thing to do; you don't care what they believe, only what they do.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:27 PM

my persuasive speech my freshman year of college was about road construction in houston :dunno:
Old 11-07-2006, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by magician,Nov 7 2006, 07:22 PM
- you will get a failing grade for any of the suggestions above: none is persuasive.
except for saki's and mine.

Quick Reply: Persuasive Speech Topic!