Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement...!

Old 11-23-2001, 11:02 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not exactly a ringing endorsement...!

I was flipping through Corvette Quarterly yesterday and found a quote that was rather interesting. It was from Csaba Csere, the venerable car editorialist of many years. The quote that he made was referring to the C5, a car which I actually admire in some ways and don't care for in others. Now the Z06, that is one impressive machine, even through both of these cars are plagued with build quality problems...etc.

Anyway, this quote was a flyout, meaning that it was used by the magazine as something that they wanted the readers to make special notice of...it was in a large black font and with a background of red.

Here's the quote:

[QUOTE]
Nothing squeeked or rattled; nothing went wrong with it.
Old 11-23-2001, 11:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont quite get what you mean
Old 11-23-2001, 11:08 AM
Banned

Originally posted by sumir brahmbhatt
i dont quite get what you mean
Grasshopper, I mean that from the quote the CQ used, the one that I mentioned, it appeared to me that they were expecting a car full of rattles and squeaks...and the fact that they were surprised was interesting because Vettes have been rattletraps for years. Hopefully, for Chevrolet and GM, the C5 ans Z06 represents/represented a turn in what has been the common, and correct, perception of GM cars being poorly constructed...

Get it??

Old 11-23-2001, 11:09 AM

ah see because he also states that the corvett was good from the start confused me
Old 11-23-2001, 12:57 PM

I was a former Vette (1970 454 big block) owner and still a Corvette entusiast (pre 1973 models only) I was also involved in a club before I sold it to buy the S2000.

I still visit on occasion a friend who owns classic car dealership that specializes in Corvettes.

One time we went out for a spin in the S2000 and I let him drive. His remarks were "Geez I wish GM would have went in this direction with the Corvette as opposed to the bloated over 50 fat ass car it has turned into" also he remarked after checking out the engine bay how well everything was neatly put together and tied down.

Not to mention how much he loved the the gear box and chassis. One of his biggest disappointments with the C-5 is the push rod V-8 not for its lack of power but it would be nice for them to get into the new millenium and produce a newer powerplant.

Anyway check out his website and cars for sale. www.contes.com

He has been in the biz for over 20 years and his reputation is A+.
Old 11-23-2001, 02:01 PM

C5. Wouldn't kick one outta bed...
Old 11-23-2001, 02:22 PM
Banned

Originally posted by jschmidt
C5. Wouldn't kick one outta bed...
Me neither...just not sure I'd shell out the cake for it, either!

A friend of mine is thinking about getting a Viper GTS and I am trying to steer him in the direction of a Z06. The C5 is a great car, and sure the Z06 is scant more than a more powerful one with the same shitcan interior, it's still a world class performer.

This past summer, several events we attended at Road America, the Z06 was re-writing track records all over the place. Man, it was crazy how that car/driver would perform. And RA is a very high speed course, about 4 miles and if I remember correctly, about 15 turns...the Z would walk EVERYTHING.

Awesome car...the Z would be my first choice in a new Vette, the C5 would fall down the list because the mid/late 60's Stingrays and Mako Sharks would fall in behind the Z.

Old 11-23-2001, 08:00 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Charlie,

Quick question, why is it important to get into the new millenium when then have an engine that produces over 400 hp and a car that does 0-60 in 4s and the quarter in like 12.4s. And oh yeah, it also outhandles the S2000.

Sometimes when it ain't broke, you don't fix it!

ERIK
Old 11-24-2001, 09:36 PM

They were shocked to find an American Sports Car
Old 11-25-2001, 01:28 AM

Corvette, smorvette! All I want to know is how in hell you pronounce Csaba Csere?

Quick Reply: Not exactly a ringing endorsement...!