Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Miata racing at its finest! :/

Old 05-27-2004 | 03:58 PM

Default Miata racing at its finest! :/

Well me and my brothers race spec miata with NASA and SCCA, weve had quite a few wins.... and losses but a few months ago was the worst weve done in a long time. This race is from California speedway

now for the story's behind the pictures. I race the grey car and if youve raced with nasa or scca they race on saturdays and sundays with mixed car groups, well saturdays race i qualified first and was leading by about 10 car lenghts when two integra's from another class came up on me and were fighting for first and second in there class. well i slowed coming into a turn and left plenty of racing room for both of them to pass. well the guy in second decided to go three wide into a turn which there was space for, but he locked up his brakes and slid into my rear quarter panel and spun both of us off the track and almost rolled my car. well afterwards the guy said he was extremley sorry and he was just trying to fight for position and felt stupid. i said it was cool and all and all part of racing.
On sunday i qualified first again (by 1 tenth of a second ) and my brother, driving the blue and yellow car qualified third. At the start of the race i was passed by second place and we raced for about 3 laps and on the 3rd lap comming out of a sweeper i looked into my review mirror and saw my brother's car break lose and slid into a tire barrier and launched his car straight up and over. i had a million things goin through my head and hoped he was ok, i cant get out of my car or anything and they red flagged the race and everyone had to slowley proceed to pit lane. i talked to a corner marshall and he said he was fine so i was just mad at him now for the work ahead . they re-started the race again and we raced for four more laps and i ended up getting second place, but had my right side door taken out by third place on the last turn of the last lap.
Well none the less it was fun but total damage was one totalled car from the roll over and mine was about $800 not including paint.
Old 05-27-2004 | 05:58 PM

Sounds like a fun weekend.

BTW does your screen name stand for JP black modified novarossi rc motors?
Old 05-27-2004 | 07:04 PM

lol.... yea its an old username and i started using it again since i would remember it hehe.
Old 05-28-2004 | 10:13 AM

Nothing a little glue and hammer can't fix.

Sam
Old 06-01-2004 | 10:46 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

That sucks.
Old 06-01-2004 | 01:12 PM

great pics.

btw, by your driving, I thougt you name stood for a Black Juan Pablo
Old 06-01-2004 | 07:51 PM

lol, it was fun, were not... well im not a bad driver i have several wins, and my loses are usually top 5. lol it was my first major accident in my race car, although it wasent to major just alotta wrench time.