Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

message to the "Chicago 7"

Old 01-19-2002, 04:23 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gregstevens
[B]That would be Luder94....I never agreed to anything.
Old 01-19-2002, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i knew da bears were the biggest fluke ever!!!.. hahahaha... losing to the eagles!!!.. thats whats worse..

LETS GO STEELERS!!!!
Old 01-19-2002, 11:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since both the Bay Area teams dropped out...Go Eagles! They played a great game and truly deserved this win.
Old 01-20-2002, 03:04 AM

Originally posted by Luder94

Charlie,

I'm sure that the local Chicago 7, Team VOTA members are willing to chip in for either a Chicago style deep dish pizza pie and/or an Eli's Cheesecake....although I think there is one cheesecake better than Eli's (Suzy's cheesecake in Milwaukee, WI).
...You're on!

As you can see Greg you are responsible for payment along with the others, Brad, Urmil, etc.....
Old 01-20-2002, 05:20 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

Charlie,

I knew this would happen....I'd shoot my mouth off, make a wager (and like I said)....and fate would deal me a card to spite me.

Go ahead and pm me an address....there's only one of two ways to have Lou Malnati's pizza....either with sausage or just cheese. The sausage is a patty that goes over the top of the whole pizza....this is the single food item that converted me back to eating red meat the one time in my life I tried going the vegetarian route.

The cheese pizza is awesome as well, the sauce that accompanies the cheese pizza is a little more tart than the sauce that goes on the sausage. The tart compliments the massive amounts of cheese so well though.

My recommendation.........I can't recommend anything, I love those two styles almost equally....since you're an "outsider", I'd say that you should try the sausage.

As far as cheesecake, I will send you a plain Eli's cheesecake, you and your wife can decide how to top it (if I may suggest: take half a cup of Nestle's chocolate chips melt them in a non-stick saucepan (about 5 minutes on stop-top at high temp) and coat the top of the cheesecake with the sauce. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes in the fridge, and then enjoy.

I'll throw in something special for Mr. Pockets as well.

It's time for the losers to pay up....and that's what I'm doing.....good gawd is this a hard pill to swallow!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2002, 05:40 AM

Ahh the fruits of victory! I am sending over my snail mail via pm now

thanks to all the C-7 members for their donation..... and especially you Luder

that sausage pizza sounds yummy...... sausage is my favorite topping on pizza(yum) guess I'll have to wait for that when i make a trip out to Chitown.....
Old 01-20-2002, 05:42 AM

Oh btw I will post pics when my Cheese Cake arrives along with members of Del-Val owners enjoying it.......... can't wait
Old 01-20-2002, 06:11 AM

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

I got your pm and will try to make it out to the restaurant later today to see how much this is going to cost me. Depending of when they ship, we may all be seeing pics later this week.

Make sure you take pics of the pizza as well, take pics right before you cut into it after you take it out of the oven....hmmmm piping hot Lou's....I may have lunch there today...that's where I will suggest Clark and SondraS2K have lunch with us today.

Here's something to wet your appetite:

Old 01-20-2002, 06:12 AM
Banned

Having actually sat through the game freezing my arse off, I can say it was the worst game of the season for the Bears. Our punter couldn't even kick the ball!

It was also a sad day as the last game in Soldiers Field in its current state. Lots of memories from that old stadium.

Out with the old and in with the new, I guess.
Old 01-20-2002, 06:13 AM

If you cant get it here by the end of the week wait till after Feb. 2nd. I am heading down to Florida next saturday for a week.

Quick Reply: message to the "Chicago 7"