Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Man is taser'd after getting pulled over for speed

Old 08-15-2008 | 10:44 AM

Cool Man is taser'd after getting pulled over for speed

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMaMYL_shxc

Favorite line: Speeder says, "What the heck is wrong with you!"
Old 08-15-2008 | 11:31 AM

I hope that cop gets hit by a truck next time he gets out of his car. What a bullshit abuse of power. The guy did nothing wrong when he resisted the signing of the ticket and then the cop takes him out of the car just so he can instigate him.
Old 08-15-2008 | 12:32 PM

cop was a dick, guy was an idiot. in the old days he'd have been thrown against the hood and cuffed. now he gets tazed then cuffed. i'd prefer getting thrown down, personally... less risk of heart attack. tazers may make the cops job easier but they scare me quite a bit.

i had sympathy for the driver, until the cop told him to turn around and put his hands behind his back and he refused to. when you do that, the cop has free reign to do whatever the f' he wants... for all he knows your hands are going in your pocket for a weapon. i'm not saying he wasn't a total dick, and i'm not saying a tazer was necessary... just pointing out the guy did a very very stupid thing and he gave the cop plenty of reasons to use that thing.
Old 08-15-2008 | 01:47 PM

I feel bad more for his wife when she hears her husband yelling like he's been shot and for all she could have heard or seen was the cop with "some type of gun" pointed at her husband. No f-in wonder she jumped out of the car.

That cop pulled a douche move to not explain to the guy why he should just sign the ticket and not admit guilt and move on and then the guy gets all pissy with him which brought on the

really sucks...

Old 08-15-2008 | 02:16 PM

another example of a ****ing pig... another kid that got his ass beat, which he probably deserved, in high school. **** that guy. I have yet to meet a good honest cop that does his job to its fullest (that includes not picking what he wants to do, like drive past the drug house because he doesn't want to run today, like they do in my city)
Old 08-15-2008 | 02:23 PM

REPOST! The driver got a settlement for $60k and the cop was fired.
Old 08-15-2008 | 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Harpoon,Aug 15 2008, 02:23 PM
thank god. i was about to start calling after that one
Old 08-15-2008 | 02:33 PM

Notice that at about 8:28, the cop says "I have to take a look at the front of this real quick", meaning the front interrior of the vehicle. I didn't hear either the guy or his wife giving him consent to search the vehicle. I don't know if he legally can after the guy was placed under arrest or not but it makes me wonder if that constitutes an illegal search.

And yes, the driver was being a dick.

Warren
Old 08-15-2008 | 02:34 PM

Yeah this is old news. Happened in So. Utah somewhere. Good to hear that cop got fired.
Old 08-15-2008 | 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by Harpoon,Aug 15 2008, 05:23 PM
Hey, cool. I didn't see that when I made my post. I wonder what reason they give for firing the ociffer, illegal search, tazing for no reason or just being an ass wipe.

Warren

Quick Reply: Man is taser'd after getting pulled over for speed