Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Lost my license for few years

Old 04-20-2005 | 12:26 PM

Liquercycles can be quite fashionable.

Or not.
Old 04-20-2005 | 12:35 PM

just do wat u deserve to do
Old 04-20-2005 | 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by scotchtape,Apr 20 2005, 05:03 AM
I already inquireed about the hardship license and they said with my record there is no chance. They said I could appeal it but only on medical grounds.

And I wasn't looking for your sympathy on my tickets. I was simply venting on this board.
assuming with the record that you have and owning an s2000 and your license suspended...

you're better off riding the bus...

driving is a privellege and not a right...

you obviously did not understand that...

i dont care if you made mistakes because obviously you've made far too many and yet to learn from them...

sorry my friend. lawyers aint gonna help you...
Old 04-20-2005 | 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by mav,Apr 20 2005, 07:52 AM
As far as a lawyer, you should post that question in the NYC Metro club forums.
You should definitely post in the Metro NY forum. Eliot is a very good attorney who may be able to help. He has done good things for many NY area folks. Good luck.

"The point is not what you do, its not doing it at the wrong time" - GG
Old 04-20-2005 | 05:47 PM

I just lost my license last week also for 6 months, not for points though.

I'm going to apply for a restricted license allowing me to go to classes and work, but I was advised to wait. My lawyer told me that if you go and apply for one right away or try to get your license back right away, its kind of insulting and annoying to them cuz you haven't really felt punishment for what you've done. And youre sitting there trying to say ok you said i cant drive, but let me drive for this...

What I'm going to do is go take some driver improvement classes, wait like 2 months, and then get a lawyer and apply for it. That way you show them that 1) you've endured some punishment and 2) you've done something to try to improve yourself... and that helps to build a better case for you.

I don't know if it works like that up where you are, but I'm in the Northern Virginia area, and the traffic cops and laws in general over here are VERY strict and there's zero tolerance for a lot of offences. And what I said usually works out here, so maybe itll help you out... good luck
Old 04-20-2005 | 06:10 PM
Banned

Drive responsibly for a change (if you'll get your license back)!
Old 04-21-2005 | 01:34 AM
Former Moderator

That sucks. I wish you the best of luck in getting a lawyer and getting your license back.

Karim
Old 04-21-2005 | 06:47 AM

Could you 'move' to a friend's in NJ or something & re-license there? I knew someone who 'moved' to Idaho to avoid expensive Los Angeles insurance for a couple years. The thing though, is don't get pulled over without a story about why you're in the 'old neighborhood'.
Old 04-21-2005 | 07:00 AM

you screwed up obviously do your time, there are rules we all have to follow, now if these offenses are drunk driving related, thank God you are not on the roads right now.
Old 04-21-2005 | 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by axis_of_evil,Apr 21 2005, 06:47 AM
Could you 'move' to a friend's in NJ or something & re-license there? I knew someone who 'moved' to Idaho to avoid expensive Los Angeles insurance for a couple years. The thing though, is don't get pulled over without a story about why you're in the 'old neighborhood'.
NJ, NY and Conneticut's DMV are shared for infractions so that you can not apply in NJ when your licence is suspended in NY. This also applies for tickets etc...

Quick Reply: Lost my license for few years