Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Lost my license for few years

Old 04-20-2005 | 04:38 AM

Default Lost my license for few years

My state has a law where if you get a certain number of tickets in a certain amount of time, they suspend your license.

Anyways, so now I need a good DMV lawyer to get me out of this crap. I need a conditional license. Or anything. But I ain't waiting another whole summer and not being able to drive my S. Anybody know either (1) a great traffic court lawyer, or (2) how I can go about finding one? I live in NYC suburbs. Thanks.
Old 04-20-2005 | 04:45 AM

Can't you apply for a hardship license to go to school and work?? You know if they pull you over they will arrest you, right? I also have to call BS on your me against the world story....people rarely get tickets for no reason..Do your time.
Old 04-20-2005 | 04:52 AM
mav

In FL you can apply for a hardship/work license so you can at least go to work and school. If they catch you driving without a license, you can get arrested and get into more legal shit.

As far as a lawyer, you should post that question in the NYC Metro club forums.
Old 04-20-2005 | 05:03 AM

I already inquireed about the hardship license and they said with my record there is no chance. They said I could appeal it but only on medical grounds.

And I wasn't looking for your sympathy on my tickets. I was simply venting on this board.
Old 04-20-2005 | 06:27 AM

I asked a attorney who works with me (he used to be a NY Attorney). He just stated that NY DMV is very strict in regards to enforcing their "pull the licence program" due to the number of violations. He also stated that most attorneys will be upfront with you regarding the small odds of beating DMV when it's this type of situation (meaning that judges have no sympathy for repeat violaters).

His suggestion is to not waste your money fighting this and get yourself a bus pass, unfotunately, he was not kidding around.
Old 04-20-2005 | 07:12 AM
Member (Premium)

If you live in NYC, I think it'd be difficult to prove hardship. The subway system is excellent.
Old 04-20-2005 | 09:01 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by scotchtape,Apr 20 2005, 06:38 AM

I need a good DMV lawyer to get me out of this crap.

I ain't waiting another whole summer and not being able to drive my S. .
Not they way to look at it. There was a set of rules, and you broke them. Take your lumps and understand that when you get the license back, those rules still apply.

Looking at the rules as crap and saying "I aint waitin" as if they don't apply to you is the problem. Drive with a suspended license will only make it worse my friend.

Good luck.
Old 04-20-2005 | 09:45 AM

Talked to a number of attorneys, and basically I am going to have a tough time getting this overturned. BTW, I am living in a suburb of NYC, not NYC.
Old 04-20-2005 | 10:33 AM

Check out the NMA for a good attorney near you:

http://www.motorists.com/

This is a good organisation - they were instrumental in getting the national 55mph limit repealed.
Old 04-20-2005 | 10:57 AM
Banned

should have hired an attorney long ago. Use an attorney evrey time you get a ticket, and this will never happen again. Of course, you ought to be a little more careful when driving....

Quick Reply: Lost my license for few years