Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Like Speedvision? Wanna keep it that way?

Old 07-02-2001 | 05:27 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Default Like Speedvision? Wanna keep it that way?

Fox is buying speedvision, and they plan to make it an *ALL NASCAR* channel. That's right, no more F1, no more ALMS or GT racing. If you think this move would plunge the American racing world into a devlolutionary spiral from which it would never recover (as I do), sign the petition on the following link, and save the only channel on TV worth a damn!

http://www.petitiononline.com/svsn/petition.html

Fight the power!
Old 07-02-2001 | 05:44 AM

I wonder if there's a petition circulating amongst the rednecks to turn speedvision into an all Nascar channel? I sure hope Fox doesn't mess with a good thing, but I would be very surprised of the Nascar content on speedvision doesn't increase dramatically.

Mark
Old 07-02-2001 | 05:50 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wickerbill
[B]I wonder if there's a petition circulating amongst the rednecks to turn speedvision into an all Nascar channel?
Old 07-02-2001 | 05:53 AM

fluxen, thanks for the heads up. the thought of all-nascar-all-the-time is frightening. personally I couldn't be bothered to watch tide vs bud vs home depot going round and round and round and round and round, ooh boy a crash, round and round......Are we doomed? Is that the future of televised motorsports? Let's hope not.
Old 07-02-2001 | 07:47 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Anyone know if you get DSS if you can get european broadcasts of F1, etc? I've gotta make alternative arraingments if this goes through...
Old 07-02-2001 | 07:59 AM

If Fox makes a stupid move like that, I hope some other channel takes an advantage of this and covers other racing types in depth. I want to make myself believe that this cannot happen but I look around and I see the cars with #3 stickers and it scares me that there is a potential for such a channel.

Personally, bunch of high speed, high horsepowered cars trying to finish an endurance race around an oval circuit does not make any sense to me.

There are many channels that cover Nascar in depth and there is no need to change something that works very well.

If they would just put some European Touring Races and get rid of the aviation programs, Speedvision would be my ultimate favourte channel. Actually, it is. If I am not watching a movie, Speedvision is on all the time.
Old 07-02-2001 | 10:12 AM

i'm there dude...that sucks....no nascar channel...please FOX
Old 07-02-2001 | 10:15 AM

i am signature 15564..... hope that works....
Old 07-02-2001 | 10:20 AM

fluxen,

Thanks for posting.

I just signed, too.

Otherwise, I'll have to sell my S2K, buy an F-150, and start belching and farting a lot.

Actually, sounds like fun!

Old 07-02-2001 | 12:32 PM
20 Year Member

Unfortuneately if FOX buys the channels and converts it into an all NASCAR channel (or even a 50% Nascar, 20% NHRA, and 30% Monster Truck) it would be a 100% financial benefit to FOX.....in my opinion the number of sponsorship dollars being thrown at this "less than creative" racing is outrageous....I would guess that the number of viewers for the new FOX channel would be much greater than the number of Speedvision viewers in the first week alone.

Marketing would completely take over for this....WWF would partner with NASCAR.....I can't fathom it!

Could you imagine what an American GT, GTP, and Rally series would be if they got half the sponsorship money that NASCAR gets!!!

Quick Reply: Like Speedvision? Wanna keep it that way?