Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Left turn signal in the LEFT LANE! (Long)

Old 10-03-2001 | 02:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was also taught to flash the high beams. But around LA you're more likely to get a 9 mm reply than a courteous pass.
Old 10-03-2001 | 05:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never heard of it. I usually stay to the right and end up passing on the right. I guess people cant read the signs that say stay right except to pass. I try not to flash the high beams in fear of road rage, at least on the east coast, in the midwest it worked ok. In the DFW area, I have used the acess roads to avoid traffic. I am in Ohio right now and people drive slow, I dont blame them, daily speed traps on I77 and in the land of road construction.
Old 10-03-2001 | 06:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by pccitg099
I asked a policeman friend of mine what is the feeling about flashing lights to request the driver in front to pull over and he said he would book anyone doing that.....
I got pulled over in the UK for flashing my high beams..... at an unmarked police car!!!!

Got away with a warning as in fact I hadn't done anything wrong, but I was attempting to speed as he was sitting in the outside lane right on the speed limit...
Old 10-03-2001 | 08:02 PM

HEY! Here, in America, for a 16 year old to get his/her license, you're required to go through an entire semester of drivers ed in school, along with 8 hours of behind the wheel training with a certified in structor and 50 hours with your parents. Get your facts correct

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TommyAmrani
[B]lol, this "letty system" isn't new.
it's always been around.
Old 10-03-2001 | 08:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by saxman
HEY! Here, in America, for a 16 year old to get his/her license, you're required to go through an entire semester of drivers ed in school, along with 8 hours of behind the wheel training with a certified in structor and 50 hours with your parents. Get your facts correct
What, no test
Old 10-04-2001 | 09:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by saxman
I have lived in CA/CO/RI/MA/NH/TX/LA/MI and a few others that I forget right now, and none of them (at the time I was there) required any driver's ed to get a license. Some required driver's ed to get a license early (ie, if the age was 17, drivers ed could get you one at 15 or 16). I've never known anyone who took drivers ed. Personally, I think it should be required; however even though driving is supposed to be a privilage here, it's treated as a god given right by everyone, until you get too many speeding tickets, and then you go to prison.

Sounds reasonable to me! %)
Old 10-05-2001 | 03:27 AM

Just try that flash-to-pass crap on some good-ole boy in a pickup here in Texas. You're liable to get a Lonestar longneck flung at your windshield.
Old 10-05-2001 | 04:10 AM

I have an idea that would save my state (NC) some money. Take down the signs along our interstates that say "Slower Traffic Keep Right." 90% of the motorists don't abide by it and the cops don't enforce it! Too bad; a little courtesy would go a long way!

Oh yeah, one more thing, everyone can remove their rear view mirrors, turn signals, and cruise controls too, 'cause no one uses them either!!
Old 10-05-2001 | 10:51 AM

Allan,
That is the type of response I would expect from someone who has found himself on the side of the highway explaining his light flashing to a law enforcement official.

Everyone, for the next 10 times you get behind a left lane bandit, examine just who is at the wheel. 8 times out of 10 it is some ignorant old person or young female.(sorry - truth hurts). They don't want to be hit or change lanes for someone merging onto the highway or they don't want to slow down for someone exiting.

You can go through all the turn signal and light flashing you want and you won't change them. Just make sure it is clear and move right. Save the wear and tear on your blood pressure.

The other 2 are asshole who are trying to piss you off. That is what 9000 rpm is for.
Old 10-05-2001 | 04:54 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by amartin
[B]Learned that myself in Germany... tried it in Texas MAAAAAANY times..doesn't do a damn thing.

Quick Reply: Left turn signal in the LEFT LANE! (Long)