Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

just had to b*tch about how dumb people are

Old 06-18-2002 | 08:56 PM

Default just had to b*tch about how dumb people are

I have a friend who has a grand am. He is amazed at the fact that S2ki.com even has a street encounters section. On grandamgt.com they DO NOT ALLOW ANY STORIES OF RACING. even if it's at a LEGAL EVENT!!!

Holy crap. What kind of idiots must these moderators and administrators be? Do you really think the world is a "better" place because you dont allow race stories? I understand they don't want to condone street racing. But guess what. I don't think the fate of the street racing world is affected, nor cares what grandamgt.com does.

"Uh oh, grandamgt.com doesn't allow race stories. Oh gee, ok, let's not street race anymore." .... tell me that the admins over there honestly think that is what's happeneing because they don't allow race stories.

It is just stupid ignorance. The world gives a rat's ass about grandamgt.com and their choice to try to "protect" the innocent little minds that be. They aren't protecting anyone. We are all old enough to understand our actions and their responsibilities. They don't need to babysit their members there.

They need to wake up. This is the real world, and there are greater things to worry about than some web site and it's racing stories. They are only hurting themselves and car enthusiasts.

Sorry to rant, but these are just my opinions. please dont flame.
Old 06-18-2002 | 09:05 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Wisconsin S2k
[B]It is just stupid ignorance.
Old 06-18-2002 | 09:21 PM
Former Moderator

street encounters was very reluctantly allowed to exist, do a search and find some of the threads discussing its beginings.
Old 06-18-2002 | 11:10 PM

well I don't think S2ki.com would be the same without the street encounters section. I hope it is always here.
Old 06-20-2002 | 05:19 PM

Maybe they didn't want a street encounters section on grandamgt.com because it would only have kill stories about them losing to other cars
Old 06-21-2002 | 05:55 AM

I don't know, they will probably call out some from the beretta.com....
Old 06-21-2002 | 07:50 AM

Had a short (and satisfying) encounter w/ a Grand Am last week at about midnight. I had just picked up my son from his job and was being his taxi (any excuse to get out on the road w/ the top down)

I was not trying to race the Grand Am and frankly, was not even that aware of him when he tried to keep up with me as I jumped on the the I-64 entrance ramp. I knew that there was a white car behind me but I was just having fun.

Expressway was empty at the time and I just LOVE to fly off that entrance ramp in second so that by the time I hit the Cochrane Hill Tunnel a few hundred yards further from the ramp that I can hear the VTEC as I go through the tunnel. Ooooh that lovely sound - nearly orgasmic!!!

Anyway, before I exited the ramp I realized that the Grand Am was trying to stay w/ me. I don't think that he had the balls (or maybe not even the power) to deal with the ramp's curve as well as the S2k could do it. I was accelerating from the moment I got on the ramp and kept it going all the way to the tunnel. He really tried, but was MANY car-lengths behind me by the time I exited the tunnel. Fun, but no real competition.

Is it that the Grand Ams have a supercharged version? I think I recall that they do, but have no idea as what kind of HP they produce or whether they are quick.

Somebody educate me - please.
Old 06-21-2002 | 02:44 PM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

I rented a Grand Am lakt summer in British Columbia. An OK rental car, but a gutless pig. When I got back to LA and first drove my S, I thought I was in a rocket.
Old 06-21-2002 | 03:27 PM
Former Moderator
20 Year Member

It's interesting that you're calling the moderators and administrators of the board morons and idiots without knowing their motivation. I'd hate to know what you call the moderators and administrators here because of policies you don't like at S2KI.