Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

just got a ticket.. need help please!

Old 05-27-2010 | 07:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steponme,May 26 2010, 04:16 PM
I think he's trying to indicate to the judge that a couple of S2000s were out joy-riding together, wreaking havoc on the society.
Its just what we do best....
Old 05-27-2010 | 08:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Angerman,May 27 2010, 08:12 AM
Its just what we do best....
Well, that and bitch about tickets.

[edit] (and cops... sorry, almost forgot aboutcha Kyushin!! )
Old 05-27-2010 | 08:50 AM

so... if I'm understanding this correctly, your pissed because he didn't use his lights? I'm not sure about where you're from, but here, a cop doesn't HAVE TO use his lights.
Old 05-27-2010 | 08:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stauren1203,May 27 2010, 11:50 AM
so... if I'm understanding this correctly, your pissed because he didn't use his lights? I'm not sure about where you're from, but here, a cop doesn't HAVE TO use his lights.
Well if the pig doesnt use its lights and you dont know it wants to pull you over, now how are you protected from a bogus felony flee and evading charge? The rules exist for a reason, or used to.

If it were me, damn straight id have my dash cam on and follow every little piece of chicken shit I could to the letter so when the fat ass does have enough effort to flip the lights on, its a text book scenario now, well in theory.
Old 05-27-2010 | 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by stauren1203,May 27 2010, 08:50 AM
im mad do to the fact I only got over to get out of his way bc I though he was on his way to a crash site or somthing. I didn't see him until he was flying up right behind me so I quickly got over. by the time I would of thought to use my turn signal he would of ran into me.

basicly the cop was a dick and only wrote me a ticket bc I was with another s2k and we were crusing togeather. He prolly though we were "street racers" or some steriotypical honda driving bull shit.

To seriously give someone a no turn signal ticket just means your trying to meet your end of the month quota, bored as shit, or was picked on my people when he was in his early 20's.

all giving me a ticket does is raise my insurance or make me us my traffic school. I rather keep the traffic school for somthing bigger then a cop tricking my into switching lanes with no signal.
Old 05-27-2010 | 09:48 AM

[QUOTE=josh7owens,May 27 2010, 10:05 AM]I'm mad due to the fact [that] I only got over to get out of his way because I thought he was on his way to a crash site or something. I didn't see him until he was flying up right behind me so I quickly got over.
Old 05-27-2010 | 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by josh7owens,May 27 2010, 09:05 AM
basicly the cop was a dick and only wrote me a ticket bc I was with another s2k and we were crusing togeather. He prolly though we were "street racers" or some steriotypical honda driving bull shit.
Boohoo...

In the original post you admit:
-[the officer] said [your] friend came over the bridge fast
-[you] didn't signal when [you] switched lanes
-it stardled (sic) [you]
-Ticketed for: "Improper turning" and "failue to or improper signal." He also wrote "Vehicle was in the left lane and cut across into the right lane into the turning lane turn onto decails hallow without regard for other motorist and without benefit of turn signal"

Have you considered how abrupt your changing of lanes might have appeared since you were so "startled" by a car approaching from behind? Seriously, you decided to shoot over without notice into the right lane with another car there (whose driver, in the officer's opinion, drove over the bridge faster than he should). But you expect the officer to think the two of you weren't up to no good? You got civil citations for minor violations that you admit to committing, and you're somehow wronged?

I'd say you two made out much better than it could have ended. Pay your fines and use your turn signals when other cars are around.

Old 05-27-2010 | 01:48 PM

I heart I_heart_my_db_8.

Really been coming through with the win posts lately.
Old 05-27-2010 | 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by rmc22,May 27 2010, 01:41 PM
Boohoo...

In the original post you admit:
-[the officer] said [your] friend came over the bridge fast
-[you] didn't signal when [you] switched lanes
-it stardled (sic) [you]
-Ticketed for: "Improper turning" and "failue to or improper signal." He also wrote "Vehicle was in the left lane and cut across into the right lane into the turning lane turn onto decails hallow without regard for other motorist and without benefit of turn signal"

Have you considered how abrupt your changing of lanes might have appeared since you were so "startled" by a car approaching from behind? Seriously, you decided to shoot over without notice into the right lane with another car there (whose driver, in the officer's opinion, drove over the bridge faster than he should). But you expect the officer to think the two of you weren't up to no good? You got civil citations for minor violations that you admit to committing, and you're somehow wronged?

I'd say you two made out much better than it could have ended. Pay your fines and use your turn signals when other cars are around.

let me guess you suck off your local police department in you're free time?
Old 05-27-2010 | 03:59 PM
Banned

OP, I'm 100% sure you'll have 0 chance of winning in court. The officer wrote very clearly on the ticket, not to mention he indicated you were "with another S2000".

Quick Reply: just got a ticket.. need help please!