Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

just got a ticket.. need help please!

Old 05-24-2010 | 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got a ticket.. need help please!

So i'm crusing around town with a good friend of mine that also has a s2k. A state cop comes up fast behind us. He didn't have his lights on and I was in the left lane. So being stardled to get out of his way I quickly got over into the right lane without signaling (not thinking, quick reaction) the cop then got into my lane and we turned into the gas staton. He pulled up without turning on his lights and got out and said let me see your L/R/I. As we had it to him I asked what I was being pulled over for and he said my friend came over the bridge fast. (note he didnt clock him and We both have loud 70mm exhaust.) and I didn't signal when I switched lanes. I tryed to explain it was because he came up on us fast and it stardled me. Long story short he wrote me a ticket for "Improper turning" and "failue to or improper signal." He also wrote "Vehicle was in the left lane and cut across into the right lane into the turning lane turn onto decails hallow without regard for other motorist and without benefit of turn signal"

followed my this..

Whats it matter I was with another honda s2000? The question is how should I fight this? It was a stupid charge just trying to get some young adults (20 and 23) tickets for having flashy cars.
Old 05-24-2010 | 06:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the cop was just bored and needed a ticket to give out
Old 05-24-2010 | 07:32 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

he specified honda s2000 go to court and plead bias to the judge
Old 05-24-2010 | 07:37 PM

Tell the judge that you knew the cop was coming up behind you to pull you over because you were checking your mirrors. He didn't even have to hit his siren or lights because you saw him in your mirrors. Then tell him you also knew the right lane was clear before you changed lanes because you checked your mirrors.

Bring your friend in the other S as a witness to say you didn't endanger anyone when you changed lanes.
Old 05-24-2010 | 08:41 PM
Banned

My god.... F-ing worthless pig, I wish Maurice Clemmons was around to blow him away.

R.I.P Maurice Clemmons

Its Socal, its kangaroo and the judge wont get a shit about anything except the extra penalties he can tack on so he can go back to vietnam and sleep with little boys.

I can list several things the dumb pig that was against protocol and illegal, but that doesnt matter. If you have a badge you are special and the rules do not apply to you.

1. If you violated a law, he is obligated to turn his lights on and formally pull you over and notify you of the offense at hand, not trick you into guessing games so you admit to alot of shit you didnt do.

2. Tailgating you without his lights on, tailgating you at all is illegal and putting lives in danger.

3. Making up shit and falsifying a legal document, all the blah blah isnt illegal or a violation. If you didnt signal then thats a single offense but looks like hes tryin to stack alog of bullshit onto one bun just to help meet the quota. Nevermind hes a piece of shit that amounts to nothing more than a tool bad to harass people that are actually useful to society.

4. Speeding- if the pig is in persuit then its LAW their lights are on, according to your testimony, the pig didnt have his lights on.

5. Lying- its obvious this swine is as full of shit as they come.

6. Wreckless driving/Careless Driving 2 separate offenses

7. Disturbing the peace

8. Wreckless endangerment

But since that piece of shit has a bagde and stole more money for the city, he is "Just doing his job"
Old 05-24-2010 | 11:27 PM

Old 05-25-2010 | 12:45 AM

I once had a cop write that there were people playing in a park nearby and someone jogging down the sidewalk. WTF does that have to do with anything?
Old 05-25-2010 | 03:10 AM

You'll be fine in court. Just say the cop came up on you very fast and was fairly close behind you, you were getting ready to change lanes and you didn't want to impede the officer. Tell the judge you thought the cop was driving with urgency and you tried to get out of his way as quickly as possible so he could get where he was going. Even throw in that you were going the speed limit and you knew for him to pass you had to move over.

The fact you were not speeding will say a lot to the judge. Tell him exactly what happened.
Old 05-25-2010 | 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by fishfryer,May 25 2010, 03:10 AM
You'll be fine in court. Just say the cop came up on you very fast and was fairly close behind you, you were getting ready to change lanes and you didn't want to impede the officer. Tell the judge you thought the cop was driving with urgency and you tried to get out of his way as quickly as possible so he could get where he was going. Even throw in that you were going the speed limit and you knew for him to pass you had to move over.

The fact you were not speeding will say a lot to the judge. Tell him exactly what happened.
yea, I hope it works out. I can go to traffic school but don't want to waste it on a stupid ticket like this. The cop truely never had his lights on but if I try to bring that up without have legal papers saying they have to then the judge will think im trying to make excuses.
Old 05-25-2010 | 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by don2007,May 25 2010, 12:45 AM
I once had a cop write that there were people playing in a park nearby and someone jogging down the sidewalk. WTF does that have to do with anything?
LMFAO. I would of thrown it at him and told him to go find a meth lab to raid

Quick Reply: just got a ticket.. need help please!