Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

just got Ticket! :*(

Old 11-19-2007 | 06:57 PM

Default just got Ticket! :*(

Well i always use this road as a shortcut to come to and from school its basically a 2 hour long trip which i made about once every other month. Its a two lane road almost always empty and its in the country side so a nice view this time of year and as the leave are turning colors. The road is covered by tree so no cops can hide anywhere!!! since its only two lanes.

Well to make it short, i was going over a hill to pass some ass going like 40 in a 55!!! and had to vtec it since the double lines were becomming solid soon. Anyways as soon as i went down the hill again i spot a cop comming opposite way and all of a sudden i look back and to my surprise he pops a u-turn and turns his lights on and i knew i was the lucky contestant!!!

Pulled me over, i said "hi officer how are you, may i ask what you pulled me over for?" told me i was speeding and i said i was doing a 62 in a 55 and he said nope!!! try 82 in a 55 damn i dont know how he got me!!! lol
Well he takes me license and what not and gave me a ticket with no mercy!!!
speeding and wreckless driving

This is my second ticket in over 3 years!!! my first was like almost 3 years ago and it was dropped when i showed up for court.

What do you guys think i should do?
Do a prayer for judgement?
Get a laywer?
Show up for court and hope for the best and if not PJC!!!

anways this occured in north carolina, concord
Old 11-19-2007 | 07:03 PM
Former Moderator

What was the rationale for reckless driving?
Old 11-19-2007 | 07:07 PM

It's easier to handle the situation when you get pulled over, but it's a little late for that, so now it's to court: is he right? were you going 82? There are rules relating to exciting the speed limit in order to pass someone, that might be one angle to take. Just try to show you were making a responsible maneuver, and hope the officer doesn't show.
Old 11-19-2007 | 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by CKit,Nov 19 2007, 10:03 PM
What was the rationale for wreckless driving?
I would assume the nearly 30 over combined with driving in the oncoming traffic lane.
Old 11-19-2007 | 07:41 PM

in north carolina if its 25 over its automatically wreckless driving and there was no on comming traffic as far as the eyes could see... This road is pretty much empty most of the time.
Old 11-19-2007 | 09:24 PM

beg for the mercy of the court search past post for my tickets!!!!!!!105 in a 25 not to healthy. Took the ticket to court made a plea bargin got one weekend in jail done 60 hours comm service and gave up my license for 90 days however the good thing out of this was the lessons learned DONT BE STUPID and the ticket was dropped. In your case ask for the PJC and if they wont give it to ya use wither a improper equipment or try to get it reduced and pay for it the next 3 years. good ;uck in your trials and tribulations.

Spiffey
Old 11-20-2007 | 04:24 AM

Sounds to me like he tagged you at the right speed since you didn't dispute that in your description here.

It's not impossible that he had dash-mounted equipment that would allow him to radar you while you and he were both in motion. If you're looking for a way out despite your fault in this one then there are some options but they're long shots because now you aren't looking to use the system to support the truth, you're looking to manipulate it to create innocence that doesn't exist. I'm not judging you for it, I've done the same thing in the past and come out on top.

Whatever you plan to do, if you end up in court you have to make sure you document and photograph everything as in depth as you can. Anything to lend credibility to whatever you claim is. Lack of preparation is usually perceived as guilt. Putting in a serious effort is usually recognized and will often give you the benefit of the doubt.
Old 11-20-2007 | 07:50 AM

A reckless charge? Get an attorney.
Old 11-20-2007 | 08:01 AM

getting an extension on the ticket can also help
Old 11-20-2007 | 10:56 AM

In BC here we just set a date for court. Usually they will schedule with others so on the same day the cop can sort out many people at once. So a few days before the scheduled date we call in and say because of some <Insert whatever good excuses you can think of>, we cannot make it on the scheduled date and ask them to set another date. This somewhat screws up their scheduling and the chance of the cop not showing on your delayed date is much higher. Many got their tickets void because of this method haha.

In case the cop showed up with fully prepared evidence, then just go nicely and say "Is it possible that you reduce the amount. I am a student and struggling with payments and all that." If they're nice enuff, we might get fees reduced, if not, then everything stays the same. Nothing to lose for trying. Obviously the struggling with payment doesn't work anymore as an s2000 owner. lol

Quick Reply: just got Ticket! :*(