Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

John Travolta's Pad! Daaaayyyyyuuuummm!

Old 11-20-2005, 11:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got this by mail 3 weeks ago. Gotta be a baller to have such a crib..damn.
The good part is, he knows how to build a house, many rich people have no clue at all.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dark_Sub_Rosa,Nov 20 2005, 11:56 PM
wow.. you'd think people with that much money would give more instead of being so selfish with it though. If all the wealthy people of the nation wanted to end poverty they could.
are you seriously implying on trying to get rid of an upperclass altogether? Sounds kind of, I dunno, COMMUNIST to me. Seriously. what happens in terms of class shift if we were to implement this social model? If you do not believe in making celebritites, don't watch movies that give these people work and don't buy their music (which, given the P2P and torrents of today is technically true). The only way these people got there is by the unimaginative supporting them. Not a flame, but you get the idea.

Also, did the starter of this thread GOOGLE earth this house? cough stalker cough.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Dark_Sub_Rosa,Nov 21 2005, 02:56 AM
wow.. you'd think people with that much money would give more instead of being so selfish with it though. If all the wealthy people of the nation wanted to end poverty they could.
Remember Hurricane Katrina? When the lower class people lost everything and were given $2000 debit cards for food and clothing guess what they spent it on? Lap dances and big screen TV's that they can't plug in because they don't have a house. Some people are poor because they are dumba$$es. Giving them money doesn't change that.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:29 AM

And John Travolta does plenty of Philanthropy. It may be mostly to Scientology but he does give a lot out.

Think about it, most rich rich people give out huge donations, it may not hit the papers or news but most do because of the tax breaks it offers to them.

Dont hate the player, hate the game
Old 11-21-2005, 04:31 AM

his house is over-the-top stupid
there is no way that anyone needs that to be happy
his self-overindulgence disgusts me to no end; and no, I do not support movies stars if i can help it...
Old 11-21-2005, 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dark_Sub_Rosa,Nov 21 2005, 02:56 AM
Worst post ever. I wrote four different looong rambling responses to this statement, but I think I'll just settle with "that's the stupidest thing I've heard".
Old 11-21-2005, 04:51 AM

THATS HERE in florida i have the seen the show on his house in the travel channel
Old 11-21-2005, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by X4DLuvOfSpeedX,Nov 21 2005, 08:37 AM
Worst post ever. I wrote four different looong rambling responses to this statement, but I think I'll just settle with "that's the stupidest thing I've heard".
i'm sure that your rambling was a work of art, yet the post that you responded to is not stupid - it is instinctive
but, again... capitalism, communism, and everything else aside... the man has a personal runway that is fit for a 707; that is just a cry for media coverage if there ever was one.
there is no way that he actually "dreamt" about having this one day, and if he did, then he is a moron (... one day I'll park a plane next to my house, he he he... )
I just don't get it... am I the only one that thinks that this is WAY over the top in every possible imaginable way?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:19 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Nope, I have no problem with it. I'd do something similar if I could - I'd build a race track, with a garage for both vintage and modern race cars. How about an '04 Schumacher F1 car, eh? I'd put in a go-kart track as well. Possibly a motorcross course also. If I was into planes as much as I am into cars, I'd certainly have a private runway.

My only issue with his house is that it's ugly. Looks like a '70s government building.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:22 AM

thats no pad.. thats an airport....

he flys that jet everywhere...

Quick Reply: John Travolta's Pad! Daaaayyyyyuuuummm!