Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

iRacing.com Simulation Racing

Old 03-08-2010 | 04:04 PM

I got to demo it at PRI this year. It was pretty realistic but the only thing is like every other driving game you can't feel the car. However I think if I had it set up in my house I'd be addicted.
Old 05-17-2010 | 06:52 AM

Anyone else on this? I am, and itd be cool to start our own S2kI League.
Old 05-17-2010 | 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by 4evertopless,May 17 2010, 09:52 AM
Anyone else on this? I am, and itd be cool to start our own S2kI League.
If your paying to for my seat, I will gladly sign up
Old 05-17-2010 | 07:23 AM

Keep in mind you don't own the game. You subscribe to you and it costs you everytime you want to play. You can't go offline and practice until you are ready for the world to see. This means you could get on a track with a bunch of noobs trying to learn the system who totally destroy your enjoyment.

You spend a fortune on equipment that is used for someone else's game.
Old 05-17-2010 | 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Wildncrazy,May 17 2010, 07:23 AM
Keep in mind you don't own the game. You subscribe to you and it costs you everytime you want to play. You can't go offline and practice until you are ready for the world to see. This means you could get on a track with a bunch of noobs trying to learn the system who totally destroy your enjoyment.

You spend a fortune on equipment that is used for someone else's game.
what are you talking about? You can solo practice all you want, in any car you choose, on any track you choose, provided you purchase the more advanced cars, and extra tracks.

For 14 bucks, essentially, gets you in. you get 3 cars, and 8 tracks. It takes so long to learn a car, that this will keep you very busy. Within the first month you will know for sure if its for you or not.

Yes people can crash into you in open practice sessions, races, qualifying, ect, but its not like you have to BUY another car if they wreck you, it simply means you are out of THAT race. It is very well regulated and the rules are appropriately enforced. I have not personally seen anyone maliciously crashing people on purpose, just to be a dick.

For those of you who are hung up on the idea of a subscription for some reason, keep this in mind.

The Sim is ever changing. The tracks are laser scanned in person, and updated if any changes occur. New content is always being added, and the game is well moderated, to keep out griefers.

$14/ month is a hell of alot cheaper than buying new PC/Xbox/PS3 games every month or 2, and, if you participate in the series racing, you can PLAY FOR FREE BY WINNING IRACING CURRENCY.

So, if you're good, and dedicated, its free.
Old 05-17-2010 | 10:15 AM

From: All up in your inner tubes. Whatcha gonna do sucka?

I rather buy weed