Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

If someone cuts you off, do you ever cut them off to get them back?

Old 06-23-2003 | 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is WAY too easy for tensions to escalate quickly in potential tit-for-tat situations like this. It's best to just keep cool and remember that getting cut-off is not worth anyone getting hurt or dying over (even the other guy). Discretion is the better part of valor....
Old 06-24-2003 | 04:56 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

I was in my shitty (but fast) civic, so i was actually looking for a little bump from behind (whiplash, dissability, emotional pain, inability to get it up, nightmares...$$$$$).

It was funny as hell watching this guy go nuts..... there are two big chunks of the curb knocked out where his frame hit..... ahahahah... dumbshit.
Old 06-24-2003 | 12:26 PM

Normally, I just let it go when someone cuts me off. But, if I'm having a bad day or just irritated, I'll return the favor. No reason to be afraid of the other driving getting violent - if it comes down to it, two can play that game.
Old 06-24-2003 | 12:58 PM

I get pissd for about 5-6 secs and I just forget about it. Not everyone is going to like the way you drive thats how I see it.
Old 06-24-2003 | 09:51 PM

I just flip em off.
Old 06-24-2003 | 11:59 PM
Administrator
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

no
Old 06-25-2003 | 12:01 AM

i'd drive next to them, stare at their ass, and flip them off as i drive away....
Old 06-25-2003 | 01:51 AM

i was once goin about 80 in the #1 lane, and i was already following somewhat closely to the guy in front of me... and this guy in his accord was on my ass... and the ppl in the right lane were goin like 50 and crap.. so i really had no room to switch over.. and i couldn't speed up.. eventually there was an opening and when i was about to move to the right lane and let him pass, he goes to the right lane, speeds ahead, nearly hits me, i honk at his ass, and he sprays his windshield wipers at me =-(
Old 06-25-2003 | 03:22 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

I never heard of that.... i may have to go put some gasoline in my windshield fluid bottle.

Originally posted by Ludatic
he sprays his windshield wipers at me =-(
Old 06-25-2003 | 08:41 AM

If I'm having a bad day I'll do it, or if they cut me off so damn close that I have to brake fast or swerve over. Like this one time, I was on the far left lane to turn left, the other car was on the lane next to me, also turning left. The car made its turn but turned all the way over to my lane during the turn. I was like WTF?!?!, I had to stop and swerve to miss it. It was like it didn't see me.

I quickly passed it, right when I saw enough room to cut it off, I did. Probably leaving just 2 ft of gap. The car had to brake and swerve. They cut me off, so I did it back to them, see how they like it.

Another time, I was going like 60 on the highway and this guy turned into my lane. The thing was, the idiot went thru the wrong way. The lane was meant for traffic going my direction to get off. He was at a complete stop and I was going 60, and he still went for it. Of course I had to slow down to like 10 mph and of course I cut those F**ker off.

Quick Reply: If someone cuts you off, do you ever cut them off to get them back?