Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

If someone cuts you off, do you ever cut them off to get them back?

Old 06-23-2003 | 04:36 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts
Default If someone cuts you off, do you ever cut them off to get them back?

I was driving home on sunday when some guy passed while i was on the exit ramp cutting in with about 15 feet to go...... so I decided to pass him right back once we got to the 2 lane section of the exit... yada yada yada... now he is pissed...

.... he sees I am turning, makes a quick turn right in front of me (it is wet out) and almost wrecks into a line of parked cars....then gets frustrated and try's to turn into a credit union (maybe so we can fight?)...and skids straight into the curb...... so I drove on past laughing my ass off as he is backing off the curb..... luckily that was the end of the story...he must have realized he turned into an idiot over nothing.
Old 06-23-2003 | 04:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If they are going the speedlimit in the passing lane when they can get over, yes I do. Other than that, I don't since some of these guys will probably follow you home and blow your brain out. Luckily our car will outrun them the majority of the time.
Old 06-23-2003 | 07:29 AM

No. To do so would be stupid. Take comfort in the fact that their driving habits will eventually nail them much better than you could.
Old 06-23-2003 | 08:44 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by magician
[B]No.
Old 06-23-2003 | 10:45 AM

That would be dumb. Very dumb.
Old 06-23-2003 | 10:54 AM

From the TV series M*A*S*H:

Colonel Flagg (talking to Dr. Sidney Freedman): "You're not smart, Freedman, you're dumb, very dumb. But you've met your match in me!"

Old 06-23-2003 | 11:14 AM

Much as I agree with thunderchicken (nothing pisses me off more than flagrant disregard for faster traffic in the passing lane!), you have to try to turn the other cheek.

Scot's story is hilarious because that douchebag got what he deserved, but he might have gone postal instead and then we'd all be mourning the loss of our pal from PA

Some d!ck gave me an earful of horn last week when I passed him (safely, at low speed) on a four-lane, 45 MPH road near my home. As a drove into development I noitced this guy coming up behind me... follows me all the way to my street, at which point I stopped, got out of my car and asked him what his problem was (yes, I was legally equipped and prepared to defend myself, for those of you wondering...)

Guys starts telling me he wanted to see where I lived... and that he lives in the same development. Gives me a lecture about "driving like a maniac" and "you better not drive like that in the development.." I said, "Dude, I was going 48 in a 45.. I can't help it if you drive slow and my car looks it's moving quickly even when it's standing still."

Guy then proceeds to tell me to "go home and eat my Cheerios"..??? OK, so I'm a youthful looking 32 years old, but, c'mon. So, I had had enough at this point, and told my new friend to take a hike and mind his own business.. Now I know where HE lives.
Old 06-23-2003 | 11:17 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Hell no. That's a good way to ruin a beautiful S2000.
Old 06-23-2003 | 11:41 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Elistan
[B]Hell no.
Old 06-23-2003 | 11:51 AM

Originally posted by DarioManfretti

Or your face or life. While it may be tempting, it just isn't worth it because you don't know who your dealing with.
EXACTLY

Quick Reply: If someone cuts you off, do you ever cut them off to get them back?