Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

I just got a bullshit ticket.

Old 08-06-2007 | 11:53 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Enthralled,Aug 6 2007, 10:56 PM
did you still have to pay ticket assassins?
The price I paid was for using ticketassassin's information, not for them to fight my case for me. It was a mere $25 for great info.

monkey, sign up on www.ticketassassin.com. You can get the forms yourself there. I don't think the guys there would appreciate me distributing their work. You can also pick up the CVC 40519 form at your local DMV...or was it the court house.
Old 08-07-2007 | 12:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks. I hope you win the case if you do decide to fight it
Old 08-07-2007 | 10:31 AM

Will the written forms work in Texas?
Old 08-07-2007 | 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by CBR2200,Aug 6 2007, 11:11 PM
Judging by the fact that you slid your car and I assume by your sig that your car is pretty loud you're just begging for attention from the police. Automotive profiling at its worst. She probably just assumed you were speeding. Fight it and hope for the best.
She radared me I don't think she assumed she just lied
Old 08-07-2007 | 11:18 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Considering your detector went off, that's a sure enough sign..however, I read somewhere that most states do NOT require the officer to show you their readout. It's totally up to them.

Makes your case a little stronger, but hardly a "win" scenerio.

Take a video camera with you and find one of those "Your Speed" mobile radars and video it showing the speed it shows vs your speedo to prove yours is accurate.
Write a letter and make point of the fact that she followed you for "this amount" of time before radaring "your detector went off" and you knew she was behind you and was making very sure of minding your speed.

If you have a good driving record, call that to the forefront about how you are safe and courteous.

If I can beat an exhibition of speed ticket in a small town, you can beat this
Old 08-07-2007 | 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it to court. What a dick!
Old 08-07-2007 | 12:31 PM
20 Year Member

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

I'm not a lawyer but. . .

What's in the ticketassassin.com info includes a very valid point:

If the cop who pulled you over is a local/city cop, you have a fighting chance. Often times, the city will just give out the radar gun to any officer, but for the readouts to be admissible, the gun should be operated by an officer who is qualified to use it.

Simply ask for the officer's proof of training *IF* it's a local cop (state cops are trained from the get-go). Also, speed-by-sight needs to have certification as well. . . and don't hesitate to check for the margin of error in the training.
Old 08-07-2007 | 03:21 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Enthralled,Aug 6 2007, 10:39 PM
even if he had aftermarket wheels without the yellow box, I'm sure it wouldn't be off by 10mph.
But it could be off by 10%... which at 45mph would make ~50mph.

If it was me, I'd have driven so that I was UNDER the speed limit on the dash.

She is probably sitting there saying YOU are the liar (which you kind of were...). Because you were not going 45mph like you say you were. It doesn't matter what your speedo says if it's not calibrated.

Anyone have the stats on the % off? ~15% would put you dangerously close to where a cop could "round up."
Old 08-07-2007 | 05:50 PM
15 Year Member

Received 2,133 Likes on 1,356 Posts

Originally Posted by 3vilmonkey!,Aug 7 2007, 02:08 AM
So I do a u-turn and accidentally slide my car for a sec and proceed the opposite direction. I then see a new police squad SUV u-turn and get behind me.

I hate it when I *accidentally* slide my car for a sec.

I really hate it when I *accidntally* slide my car for a sec when a cop is around.

I really, really hate it when I *accidentally* slide my car for a sec and get a ticket.

Hopefully you can get out of the ticket, but you bring a brighter target upon yourself when you do things to arouse suspicion. This is coming from someone who *purposely* slid his car out for a sec and got busted for it.
Old 08-07-2007 | 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by 3vilmonkey!,Aug 6 2007, 10:08 PM
Bullshit ticket I went home and got my bike and went looking for her to show her what real speeding was but couldnt find her
Question: was your intent to run her over with your bike or outrun a chopper or a flock of cop cars? Those tickets sure sound fishy, but you can thank your lucky star that you didn't see her on your bike.

Quick Reply: I just got a bullshit ticket.