Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

I just got a bullshit ticket.

Old 08-06-2007 | 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just got a bullshit ticket.

So I do a u-turn and accidentally slide my car for a sec and proceed the opposite direction. I then see a new police squad SUV u-turn and get behind me. The speed limit is 45. I make sure I am going that and if not 44mph... its a digital read out how hard is it to do? The radar goes off behind me and sure enough the officer flicks on the lights and so I pull over.

Our convo went as such:

She asks me if I know why I got pulled over...
I said "Because I accidentally slid my car?"
She says "Because of no front plate and you were going 55 in a 45"
I said "What??? I was not, I was doing 45"
She says "Well my radar says you were going 55"
So I say ok and let her go and see if she will write me a ticket...
She comes back with 2 citations for the plate and speeding.

So then I ask her if I can see the read out of what she clocked me at and show her my cluster is digital and I told her I knew she was behind me.

She says that she did not store the speed and her equipment does not give readouts (Bullshit) So I tell her the other time I got pulled over the officer gladly showed me the readout and she says that he must have been using different equipment.. So I tell her man your new squad car must not be good then, your radar is way off.

Bullshit ticket I went home and got my bike and went looking for her to show her what real speeding was but couldnt find her
Old 08-06-2007 | 10:12 PM

i heard that if you ask for a reading, and they don't have it then you can get out of the ticket. i don't know this for sure at all, just what i've heard. that is a bs ticket since it is all digital, i don't think your car is 10mph off...look around for some laws in your area about the readings and what not. the first cop that you talked to seemed to have it right. sorry for the ticket!
Old 08-06-2007 | 10:13 PM

Yeah thats what I thought. I was thinking "Diff tire sizes = 10mph difference??..... no..... Idiot officer????.... probably....."
Old 08-06-2007 | 10:35 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 3vilmonkey!,Aug 6 2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah thats what I thought. I was thinking "Diff tire sizes = 10mph difference??..... no..... Idiot officer????.... probably....."
Are you running non-OEM rims/wheels WITHOUT a yellow box?

Borrow a GPS and calibrate your speed.

Or do the mile marker / stopwatch thing.

Sux about the tix, though.

Old 08-06-2007 | 10:38 PM

I really dont care about the yellow box only because it is going to make a mile an hour or two difference... not ten.
Old 08-06-2007 | 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by CKit,Aug 6 2007, 11:35 PM
Are you running non-OEM rims/wheels WITHOUT a yellow box?
even if he had aftermarket wheels without the yellow box, I'm sure it wouldn't be off by 10mph.
Old 08-06-2007 | 10:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Certain states allow the police to use their best judgment to estimate your speed. They don't actually have to have a radar gun, though it would strengthen their case against you.

I was pulled over for a BS ticket like the OP. My radar detector didn't go off, so I was pretty sure I was safe. I asked for the radar gun and the cop said he didn't need it to know how fast I was going. I used ticket assassin to plead my case, yet, I was still found guilty. The judge didn't even reduce my fine.
Old 08-06-2007 | 10:56 PM

did you still have to pay ticket assassins?
Old 08-06-2007 | 11:11 PM

Hey AlX boi, can you copy paste the template for pleading not guilty in the mail?
Old 08-06-2007 | 11:11 PM

Judging by the fact that you slid your car and I assume by your sig that your car is pretty loud you're just begging for attention from the police. Automotive profiling at its worst. She probably just assumed you were speeding. Fight it and hope for the best.

Quick Reply: I just got a bullshit ticket.