Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

How I got my speeding ticket

Old 02-02-2010 | 01:29 PM

Cool How I got my speeding ticket

It all started simply enough.

$5.37 That's what the kid behind the counter at Taco Bell said to me.

I dug into my pocket and pulled out some lint and two dimes and something that used to be a Jolly Rancher. Having already handed the kid a five-spot, I started to head back out to the truck to grab some change when the kid with the Emo hairdo said the harshest thing anyone has ever said to me. He said, "It's OK. I'll just give you the senior citizen discount."

I turned to see who he was talking to and then heard the sound of change hitting the counter in front of me. "Only $4.68" he said cheerfully. I stood there stupefied. I am 60, not even 65 yet! A mere child! Senior citizen? I took my burrito and walked out to the truck wondering what was wrong with Emo. Was he blind? As I sat in the truck, my blood began to boil. Old? Me?

I'll show him, I thought. I opened the door and headed back inside. I strode to the counter, and there he was waiting with a smile. Before I could say a word, he held up something and jingled it in front of me, like I could be that easily distracted! What am I now? A toddler?

"Dude! Can't get too far without your car keys, eh?" I stared with utter disdain at the keys. I began to rationalize in my mind. "Leaving keys behind hardly makes a man elderly! It could happen to anyone!"

I turned and headed back to the truck. I slipped the key into the ignition, but it wouldn't turn. What now? I checked my keys and tried another. Still nothing.. That's when I noticed the purple beads hanging from my rearview mirror. I have no purple beads hanging from my rearview mirror.

Then, a few other objects came into focus. The car seat in the back seat. Happy Meal toys spread all over the floorboard. A partially eaten doughnut on the dashboard.
Faster than you can say ginkgo biloba, I flew out of the alien vehicle. Moments later I was speeding out of the parking lot, relieved to finally be leaving this nightmarish stop in my life. That is when I felt it, deep in the bowels of my stomach: hunger! My stomach growled and churned, and I reached to grab my burrito, only it was nowhere to be found.

I swung the truck around, gathered my courage, and strode back into the restaurant one final time. There Emo stood, draped in youth and black nail polish. All I could think was, "What is the world coming to?" All I could say was, "Did I leave my food and drink in here?" At this point I was ready to ask a Boy Scout to help me back to my vehicle, and then go straight home and apply for Social Security benefits.

Emo had no clue. I walked back out to the truck, and suddenly a young lad came up and tugged on my jeans to get my attention. He was holding up a drink and a bag. His mother explained, "I think you left this in my truck by mistake." I took the food and drink from the little boy and sheepishly apologized. She offered these kind words: "It's OK. My grandfather does stuff like this all the time."

All of this is to explain how I got a ticket doing 85 in a 40. Yes, I was racing some punk kid in a Toyota Prius... And no, I told the officer, I'm not too old to be driving this fast.

As I walked in the front door, my wife met me halfway down the hall. I handed her a bag of cold food and a $300 speeding ticket. I promptly sat in my rocking chair and covered up my legs with a blanky. The good news was I had successfully found my way home.
Old 02-02-2010 | 01:36 PM

ahhahaaahahahhahaaaa this story has so much fail and win i cannot decide which I like better!
Old 02-02-2010 | 02:09 PM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

I like it!
Old 02-02-2010 | 02:21 PM

awesome
Old 02-02-2010 | 02:27 PM
15 Year Member

What kind of 67 year old dumb ass doesn't take the senior discount to begin with?
Old 02-02-2010 | 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by The Raptor,Feb 2 2010, 05:09 PM
I like it!
Uh Oh! Raptor liked it so it must not be any good.

I had a friend who refused to take his discount cause he said it made him feel old and he wasn't!
Old 02-02-2010 | 02:30 PM

Awesome! Funny story.
Old 02-02-2010 | 02:32 PM

After racing the kid in the Prius your definitely young at heart.

At my last defensive driving class there a 84 year old gentleman who got a ticket for going 95 in a 70 in his C5 vette while racing his daughter in law in her SSR. His wife joined the class and brought some tasty cookies
Old 02-02-2010 | 02:59 PM

Ha ha ha! My great Uncle drives a Vette, his seventh in his life, and got three speeding tickets last month. One of the cops asked him if he had ever driven a fast car before! He said he wanted to tell the 20 year old cop what he really felt. Sorry about the ticket... that sucks.
Old 02-02-2010 | 03:39 PM

Ooh, those senior moments! Not that I have any you understand.

Quick Reply: How I got my speeding ticket