Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

How do I get rid of Macromedia Flash once and for all?

Old 09-22-2002, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I get rid of Macromedia Flash once and for all?

I'm finally fed up with Macromedia Flash and those stupid Bernie Mac ads that keep scaring the shit out of me (due to the sudden sound). Actually, I know how to get rid of flash: http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/ts...move_player.htm

The bigger issue is how do I keep from getting the security warnings when flash tries to automatically download and install on my system? I removed Flash before, but go prompted by so many security warnings that I reinstalled it.

BTW, I'm using IE and changing browsers is not an option.
Old 09-22-2002, 10:06 AM

I don't blame you. Flash for advertisments is annoying as hell, but at least it makes sense. It's supposed to be annoying.

What I can't figure is why so many web developers use flash so heavily when it's not needed. Usually flash heavy websites are slower, harder to navigate, and much much more annoying than normal HTML. Stop overusing it!
Old 09-23-2002, 02:04 PM

Bueller? Bueller?

Ok - does anyone know a good board for techies where I can ask the same question? I already tried a google search and no luck.