Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Honda develops V-6 which cruises on 3 cylinders

Old 07-10-2003 | 09:18 PM

Does BMW have that also?
Old 07-11-2003 | 06:50 AM

Originally posted by moparacker

No, he isn't sure. His boss is full of it, big time.

Thanx for answering for me and being so respectful I really appreciate people like you, but I'll stop there and give you a chance to say that you had some reason for being a jerk because I certainly don't remember calling you or any of your friends/acquantances any names or saying that they were full of it.

To answer the question, my boss had his truck at the dealer for a while because there was a sensor problem. This sensor failure suposedly caused the truck go into some sort of mode that caused some of the cylinders to stop firing (on request of the truck's computer). I didn't personally talk to the dealer, but once they replaced the sensor, everything went back to normal. I'm not SURE of what exactly the situation was, but it sounded SIMILAR, to what this thread was talking about. I am pretty sure the reason for them building the technology into the truck was not for fuel conservation though, which is why my description said "limp" around on 4 cylinders rather then "cruise" Hope that clears things up and thanx for asking rather then just to flame me over a single sentence
Old 07-11-2003 | 06:54 AM

the BMW 760il will have it