Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Him is a cross-dresser, ain't he?

Old 10-08-2009 | 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2krev,Oct 8 2009, 07:31 AM
skinny jeans for men must be BURN
Doesn't this hurt the boys? Never understood how these wanna be "cowboys" wear them either. My boys gotta have room.
Old 10-08-2009 | 08:17 AM

I approved of the way Johnathon dresses, but also agreed with how the High School handled the situation.

I appreciate deviance, and support acts that question or go against social norms. I agree this may have gone too far and may even be a cry for attention, but I still support his decision to dress and be different.

However, in saying that, I also agree the school district handled it appropriately. No matter the level of deviation that the boy displayed, if it was - and obviously is- a distraction to the students and educational functions then they have their full right to ask him to leave.
Old 10-08-2009 | 08:27 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

What happened to just cutting class & doing lots of drugs in High School?
Old 10-08-2009 | 08:44 AM

I'm glad the school stepped up and wasn't afraid of being called anti-gay, or anti expression, etc.

Who cares about expressing yourself to a bunch of kids in a school? If his interest is really in some creative form of expression, take up art, photography, fashion design, etc. outside of school and express yourself in an appropriate venue.

Schools are in place for convenience to collect a group of (theoretically) like-minded individuals for the purpose of educating them. Where you go after high school is your call!

He can walk a street corner, for all I care - just finished school first. Yeah, I said it, I'm pro-prostitution. I'm not a customer, but I don't see why others shouldn't be allowed to be
Old 10-08-2009 | 08:53 AM

Eh, Kennesaw isn't a backwoods GA town. Btw, the title is way off from local colloquialisms...

It would be more like:

- "That boy ain't right"
- "You sure do got a purty mouth"

I am aware of several instances where the rule has been used to rid GA schools of mohawks, peculiar fashions, and other various distractions so it isn't bigotry. You lose your right to self-expression when you go to public school. This is just another trendy dumbass trying to make a statement. It wouldn't be tolerated by most employers and won't be tolerated @ school.
Old 10-08-2009 | 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by drewmob,Oct 8 2009, 10:53 AM
I am aware of several instances where the rule has been used to rid GA schools of mohawks, peculiar fashions, and other various distractions so it isn't bigotry.
It's not about what it is, or isn't, because people will twist thing to claim it has bigoted meaning or intent.

The black hole comment in court beign deemed racist sound familiar? (I can't find the thread here about it)
http://www.simplydumb.com/2008/07/politici...is-racist-term/

Anyway, I'm just glad the school stepped up and didn't leave the kid along for fear of how their reprimand may have been misinterpreted.
Old 10-08-2009 | 09:29 AM

My post wasn't aimed at you, just stating my familiarity with the rule.

I heard the black hole thing on the radio and laughed my ass off. Its sad how this rule, for all its good, will probably be twisted into some form of discrimination.
Old 10-08-2009 | 12:39 PM

I like mine to have some extra to move around... or hang around. Give them more draft too. Super skinny jeans to men are just ridiculous. I remember in my HS years people would wear rave pants... wont go all the way down to the ground where you can't even see the shoes anymore.

Oh wait... im my HS years there were lots of ravers.
Old 10-08-2009 | 01:23 PM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Pics, lighting scheme, song numbers, costume changes. . .

. . . or it didn't happen.
Old 10-08-2009 | 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Bobert,Oct 8 2009, 10:58 AM
I never understood exactly what "self expression" is. Sounds like a word made up by weirdos and homos....

what do you have against homo's and weirdo's? Oh, because they are not "normal" like you...

Quick Reply: Him is a cross-dresser, ain't he?