Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

HIGH GAS PRICE PROTEST ON MAY 15

Old 05-12-2007 | 11:53 AM

If you think gas is expensive, try buying a comparable amount of milk, orange juice, coffee, or my personal favorite inkjet ink.

The graph on this link will give you an idea:

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/peripherals/hp-...ooze-212444.php

If you want more, this one is great:

http://www.cockeyed.com/science/gallon/liquid.html

I'm not going to complain about gas prices. I'll buy it or I won't.
Old 05-12-2007 | 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by vietboyjl,May 12 2007, 12:16 PM
how do I add 4 inches to my penis?
Buy a Corvette or become a motorcycle cop.
Old 05-12-2007 | 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Maskdman3,May 12 2007, 12:53 PM
If you think gas is expensive, try buying a comparable amount of milk, orange juice, coffee, or my personal favorite inkjet ink.

Gas is EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE when compared to other consumables.

Comparable = 1 year supply
  • milk = $50.40
  • orange juice = $6.30
  • coffee = $12.00
  • inkjet ink = $34.50
  • gas = $3600.00
Old 05-12-2007 | 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by KenS2K,May 12 2007, 01:14 PM
Buy a Corvette or become a motorcycle cop.

that comment cracks me up.
back to the topic, one day gas out is highly unlikely to work, the only way for a gas out to work is significantly decrease gas demand for an extended period of time. one day gas out will not affect oil company's overall cash flow. that basically requires everyone to drive hybrid, or civic hx.
now, didn't they found another planet that is similar to earth? send out space ships there to dig oil already, so I don't feel quilty about vtecing
Old 05-12-2007 | 02:58 PM

The president could dump oil reserves into the market driving down the price... (it's been done before) ... but we all know this administration has a conflict of interest. Unfortunately, when the liberals take over in the next election their objective will be to drive down the cost from oil companies, but replace it with additional taxes since everyone will already be conditioned to pay the higher prices anyway.

Oil companies charge more because they can. World demand for oil is higher than ever.

In the short term, as consumers our best bet is to demand higher wages to pay for OUR increased costs. If you can get your employer to give you a company gas card... go for it! My brother did and it amounts to more than a 10k raise in his salary.
Old 05-12-2007 | 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Maskdman3,May 12 2007, 11:53 AM

Because they have to add the fuel cost to transport these goods.
Old 05-12-2007 | 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by KenS2K,May 12 2007, 02:58 PM
The president could dump oil reserves into the market driving down the price... (it's been done before) ... but we all know this administration has a conflict of interest.
That's not what the Strategic Petroleum Reserve is for. It's for emergencies, not to placate the pleebs when the price of gas goes up a dime.

Yea, I know, it's been used to lower prices by Clinton who used it as a campaign tool regularly.

The US has plenty of oil. Lots and lots of it. Oil companies are trying to get to it but the environmentalists/liberals won't hear of it. Then, of course, they slam Bush for letting us be too dependent on foreign oil.

I love the commercials showing the eagles, mountains, seals, and birds saying they will all be gone or at risk if we drilled in the ANWR. The TRUTH is the coastal plain of the ANWR is the flattest, ugliest, most featureless place on the planet (j/k, but it's unspectacular).
Old 05-12-2007 | 03:37 PM
Former Moderator

I cant believe people actually think this works. Personally, Im all about business, so if I was the gas companies, and people did the whole "no gas on the 15th crap" I would make gas $7 a gallon for the following three days. That way, not only will I make back all the money I lost, Ill actually double it. And the best part is, people will have absolutely no choice.
Old 05-12-2007 | 03:40 PM

at this rate I should just put 100 octane.
Old 05-13-2007 | 05:24 PM

What a moronic idea hatched and distributed by people in search of a clue about basic economics.

Quick Reply: HIGH GAS PRICE PROTEST ON MAY 15