Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Here, try this next time you get stopped by a COP.

Old 06-19-2003 | 04:42 PM
Banned

If it's tried in real life, you'd get more than a captain come to ya. You'd get pinned down on the ground with guns drawn onto ya. Your face would be pinned down by several knees while your hands would be twisted up to almost a break point. Not that I've ever had a personal experience with that. I used to be friends with a couple of cops. And to be honest, it's common sense.

Yeah, please somebody try it and come back here and post about it. Let's see if it'll turn out like the first post.
Old 06-19-2003 | 04:55 PM

Originally posted by 2K2 S2K

what if its a really,really,really small person?
Hey! I fit in the trunk and I am not a "really really really small person". I go around 185 and can climb in and close the lid easily. There is more space there than you might think.
Old 06-19-2003 | 05:00 PM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

I know a good bailbonds man if you need one.
Old 06-19-2003 | 05:50 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

The last time I got pulled over I was going 80+ in a 55 mph zone in my old RSX-S. When the officer questioned me, I answered his questions: Yes, I knew exactly how fast I was going and he was absolutely correct to pull me over; No, there was no pressing emergency; when he was asked me why I was speeding, I told him that there was no reason other than the fact that I was a total dumbass for driving that fast on that road.

He laughed, gave me back my driver's license and my insurance card and told me to keep it around 60 mph. I was so shocked I could barely thank him. That ticket would not have helped my insurance premium.
Old 06-19-2003 | 05:58 PM

Originally posted by Karl O.
The last time I got pulled over I was going 80+ in a 55 mph zone in my old RSX-S. When the officer questioned me, I answered his questions: Yes, I knew exactly how fast I was going and he was absolutely correct to pull me over; No, there was no pressing emergency; when he was asked me why I was speeding, I told him that there was no reason other than the fact that I was a total dumbass for driving that fast on that road.

He laughed, gave me back my driver's license and my insurance card and told me to keep it around 60 mph. I was so shocked I could barely thank him. That ticket would not have helped my insurance premium.

That shows that sometimes the truth helps.

One of my friend got caught speeding 90+ in the freeway but it was because he needed to get to the hospital. His wife was going to have a baby and when he toll the cop that, the cop let him go.
Old 06-19-2003 | 06:26 PM

Be honest, and they'll give you a stupud written or verbal warning...the second you get loud or wise, your ticket just doubled.
Old 06-19-2003 | 06:40 PM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Originally posted by ASAP

That shows that sometimes the truth helps.

Last year I was supposed to leave work at 8:30 P.M. one evening. On the way I had to stop and pickup my son who had gone on a ski trip with his high school ski club. As usual, I left work a few minutes later then I should have. I was doing 80 in a 55 when a local cop pulled me over. I explained about the ski club and how I didn't want my son standing alone in the dark. He told me his son was in the ski club too, so he understands and that I should keep my speed down. Then he said, "Go get your kid."

Sometimes (most times) it pays to tell the truth.
Old 06-19-2003 | 10:17 PM

Believe me, it's not always if you tell the truth or be honest. Everytime my husband gets pulled over, he ends up with a ticket. He can be polite and honest and agree with the cop, but he ends up having to go to traffic school for it all the time. Me on the other hand can race a 5.0 Highway Patrol in my old Camaro (and win), when I do realize it's a cop and pull over, the cop tells me I was doing over 120 and should really slow down. Then he gives me a ticket and says "here, I marked it at 80 so you can go to traffic school and get it off your record, just drive safe from now on".

I have been pulled over 25+ times for speeding and other infractions. I have only recieved 2 speeding tickets, and 1 for no DL/insurance/reg in my car (selling and pulled them out of the car).

Here's one to try:

When the cop comes up to give you a ticket, ask them....."Oh...you giving me tickets to teh Policemans Ball?"
Most likely you will get a reply of "policemen dont have balls".......then you can just laugh at him. Maybe they will let you off
Old 06-19-2003 | 10:56 PM

If I said that to a cop - he would look at my drving record and then start beating me with his night stick. OUCH!!!