Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Help with a ticket please.

Old 11-25-2007 | 08:56 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also the pig hit you with a "Gotcha Game" which is a double edged sword word game they almost always use to get an innocent person like yourself with a ticket. Basically its a trick question that gets you to admit guilt IE ""don't you lie to me I was doing the speed limit"
"yes sir, I appologize"
"well I guess that just makes everything better now doesn't it"
"no officer I never said that, I simply appologized" "

Is most likely what he would use in court, he said he was doin the speed limit when you passed him and you answered yes sir. >< But then again you were not cited for speeding. And plzzz never say sir to those pork rhinds, they will make fun of yuo for it anyways caling it booklicking lol.

Any time you encounter a cop, it is your right to remain totally silent and cops hate this, it prevents them from getting you to waive your rights. Do what they say, but when they ask stupid questions, look at them like the idiots they are, dont even speak to them.
Old 11-25-2007 | 10:04 PM
20 Year Member

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie_Murray,Nov 24 2007, 10:58 AM
The officer comes up to me and begins to chew me out. "Why were you gooseing the gas back there?"
"I was not at all officer I have a 6 speed that was me shifting"
Like Kyushin said, this is where you began to go south: You gave him an answer.

That said, as far as the ticket, check with your regional forum. Kentucky procedure is probably different than my home state or other member's. I for one would go and be prepared with your written statement that you will present at the court date in front of the judge.

I am not a lawyer, but I would strongly advise you to NOT state how you think the officer might have felt. I would also not question the officer's intentions (he may not even show up ). Simply state your actions and calmly explain why you did what you did. DO NOT tell the judge that the officer was "tailgating" you. Rather, spin it back with ". . . and as the officer was less than a car length behind me at __mph, I had to negotiate the situation as safely as possible. . . " or something to that effect. The judge will clearly hear you imply that the officer was tailgating you, without you making an open accusation.

You may want to have a Honda "white paper" explaining the rev limits on the engine, in case you need to explain any engine sounds. Also, be prepared to explain common deviation in your speedo, and DO ask for the maintenance records for the car that the officer was using.

And yes, do check out www.ticketassassin.com; while it is California based, Kentucky law may apply.
Old 11-25-2007 | 10:26 PM
Banned

8D is right on, I agree here too!
Old 11-26-2007 | 07:24 AM

Another resource...

http://www.motorists.org/
Old 11-26-2007 | 10:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DiamondDave2005,Nov 26 2007, 11:24 AM
Another resource...

http://www.motorists.org/
I like, awesome site and im now a proud member! Alot fo truth and good facts on that site, I think more people should take a look and gain some valuable information.
Old 11-27-2007 | 06:36 AM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I never heard of a "careless driving" ticket - at first I thought it was something like "reckless driving" which offen involves an arrest, jail time, license suspension, car impound and the like. But only a $20 fine? Weird.

Might be worth it to hire a traffic lawyer in your county.
Old 11-27-2007 | 02:40 PM
Banned

Ya "Careless Driving" was originated to basically give officers a reason to nail you with a ticket just for the hell of it, the statues of it are sooo gray shaded its wild. But I got one of these a year ago and owned the pig in court hard... he said some bullshit that I was peeling out and couldnt find a statue against it so 30 min later he comes up with that and was also pissed I wouldnt talk to him or give into the Gotcha games. Turns out he was literally 100 yards away, facing the opposite direction and it was another car that was peeling out, some gay mustang. So with my witness and cross examining him, judge basically called him a moron and profiling, I got off free as a bird ^^.