Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Guy follows speeding cop

Old 06-03-2009 | 06:37 AM

My experience calling in a complaint on a speeding trooper...

I was driving to the airport in Kansas City about 6 years ago and moving with 5 pm Monday traffic at about the speed limit or just a click over when a state trooper flew up on my rear at a very fast closing speed, I thought he was running my tag and going to pull me over. Once I got over he then went full throttle and blew past us, I got back in the fast lane and stepped my speed up to about 80 and he was pulling away fast so I stepped it up to about 90-ish before backing off, he was easily doing 100-110 with no emergency lights or siren going.

I saw him pull over in a grass median area way ahead and then park it, sitting to catch speeders no doubt. When I passed him he had what looked like a hamburger in one hand and a drink in the other.
I was so pissed that I had my wife write a car number down and decided to call in about it. I called about 5 minutes after this occured to the local PD and inquired to get the number for the trooper office. After waiting on hold for about 10 minutes and fielding several questions as to why I wanted a contact number to the state trooper desk sargeant or dispatch they finally gave me one.

I called while waiting for a flight at the airport and when I told them what had happened they transferred me over to a shift supervisor kind of person, possibly a sargeant on duty or something along those lines.
I told him what had happened and at that point he could have just apologized and lied that he was going to speak with the trooper but he decided to interogate me as to how I could possibly know his speed, etc and wanted to know what my motive was.

I was shocked and then explained that I am a long time SCCA member that does track work and instruction, yadda, yadda, yadda, and about the extremely fast closing speed and proximity to my car when he hit the brakes hard enough that his headlights dipped below my line of vision in the mirror, etc.

Then he asked if I wanted to file a complaint, I mentioned I would consider it and come down to the office if so. Then he wanted to know my full name and address so he could send a "file report" for me to do it from home for my convenience.
I told him that after the grilling he gave me over my "motivation" and "intent" I was uncomfortable giving him the info that would potentially make me a ticket target anytime I drove home from work on that stretch of highway, and he hung up.
Old 06-03-2009 | 09:55 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Fake because cop cars now how GPS and video built in, when they reach over a set speed the camera kicks in and a gps signal is sent to dispatch saying he is speeding.

The cop has the right to arrest that guy for reckless driving, exsesive speed, running stop signs, disobeying a peice officer.

In real he would of towed his car and sent him to jail for the reckless driving.

FAKE

oh and to ur experience about calling the supervisor. Think of it as this, when u are at work your friends with your co workers and if one has a complaint u might not do anything just cause ur friends, same things goes with any job, i suspect that the supervisor just didn't care cause he was either his friend or the supervisor speeds just like he did lol
Old 06-03-2009 | 03:52 PM

From: All up in your inner tubes. Whatcha gonna do sucka?

cops = above the law

duh
Old 06-04-2009 | 10:21 AM

Fake! The cop would have arrested the guy.

I was with a friend when he got arrested and the car got towed. The cop gave me a courtesy ride from just south of Portland to Eugene. He called it in, turned up the radio, and drove 120 mph all the way. We were passing cars like they were stopped!
Old 06-08-2009 | 11:48 AM

I don't care if it is fake I hate cops f**k em, I understand a need for law but most of the cops around me are dicks, I try to mess with them now, if I see a speed trap in front of me I will try to pull over and ask the cop for directions just to piss him off and oh does it work!! did u know that police men are the #1 wife beaters in the country by job category. Remember hero's don't recieve a pay check
Old 06-08-2009 | 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by mcs2k21,Jun 8 2009, 01:48 PM
I don't care if it is fake I hate cops f**k em, I understand a need for law but most of the cops around me are dicks, I try to mess with them now, if I see a speed trap in front of me I will try to pull over and ask the cop for directions just to piss him off and oh does it work!! did u know that police men are the #1 wife beaters in the country by job category. Remember hero's don't recieve a pay check
My parents were both police officers, my father retiring from his position after 33 years, and I was security forces in the USAF. I hope that someday you are walking or driving down the street and some freakin crackhead shoots your ass and the police are no where to be found to help you... These people put their ####ing lives on the line to protect even d*ckheads like you that don't give a crap. Guess what... PEOPLE ARE JERKS in general, this does not mean that all cops are jerks. I've had my bad dealings and run ins with police too, but I am respectful and courteous because they put their asses on the line to protect us. People like you make me ####ing sick. Id like to know what the #### you do for a living. To everyone else I apologize for the harsh nature of this message, but people like this are just ignorant and obviously have no real respect for anyone.
Old 06-08-2009 | 12:31 PM

Cop vs Cop - http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0f0_1202786276
Old 06-08-2009 | 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by quiksilverS2K,Jun 8 2009, 03:10 PM
My parents were both police officers, my father retiring from his position after 33 years, and I was security forces in the USAF. I hope that someday you are walking or driving down the street and some freakin crackhead shoots your ass and the police are no where to be found to help you... These people put their ####ing lives on the line to protect even d*ckheads like you that don't give a crap. Guess what... PEOPLE ARE JERKS in general, this does not mean that all cops are jerks. I've had my bad dealings and run ins with police too, but I am respectful and courteous because they put their asses on the line to protect us. People like you make me ####ing sick. Id like to know what the #### you do for a living. To everyone else I apologize for the harsh nature of this message, but people like this are just ignorant and obviously have no real respect for anyone.
Relax, he's obviously just had some run ins with bad cops. I'm sure your father was a fine cop. I have much respect for Philadelphia police because they do risk a lot to try and keep people safe, even if there are a lot of corrupt officers, there are still young ones or long time veterans that get shot and killed for no reason trying to protect others. But I have no respect for my NJ township police; they run it like a business. Absolutely no honor in what they do.
Old 06-08-2009 | 02:36 PM

hey quicksilver relax i dont have the time or care enough to argue with you, ive seen some pretty crooked things that cops have done, plus im not going to ever wish that you or anyone gets shot because of 2 different views on things, that is were your ignorance and immaturity shows. violence is not the answer.
Old 06-08-2009 | 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by mcs2k21,Jun 8 2009, 02:36 PM
hey quicksilver relax i dont have the time or care enough to argue with you, ive seen some pretty crooked things that cops have done, plus im not going to ever wish that you or anyone gets shot because of 2 different views on things, that is were your ignorance and immaturity shows. violence is not the answer.
but annoyance is the answer. way to change the world, one mildly annoying encounter at a time....

Quick Reply: Guy follows speeding cop