Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Gun photo and video thread

Old 10-30-2012 | 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by djdorifto

My AR15

BCM SS410 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group 1/8 Twist
BCM GUN FIGHTER Charging Handle
BCM Carrier Group
Magpul Handguard
Rock River Arms Complete Lower Receiver
Command Arms Accessories CBST Stock
Bushnell Red Dot
Nice setup, and nice choice of uppers. I'm going to be getting a BCM 14.5" upper pretty soon here. I've got a couple of fully built lowers that have been sitting around for over a year, lol.
Old 10-30-2012 | 04:52 AM
20 Year Member

I love BCM stuff, I kinda went a little over kill on the upper since its only used for range time but I wanted to do it right the first time around. Saving for my Magpul ACS stock and knights armament hand rail
Old 12-23-2012 | 12:11 PM

Hey guys! Nice firearms in here! I'm looking at getting my first handgun here in a few months when I turn 21 and I'm just looking for some suggestions on what would be a good handgun to start with. I'm pretty much looking for something with a 4" or longer barrel, 9mm, relatively light trigger pull, full size, and affordable (under $500) . I've been looking at the Ruger P89 or P95, S&W M&P9, FNH FNX ( a little out of my price range, but can maybe get it used), Springfield XD9, and Walther P99. Let me know if any of these stand out or if you have any suggestions! I'm mainly looking at getting a handgun for home defense and range shooting.
Old 12-25-2012 | 01:50 AM

^ i shoulda done what you're doing. i started a couple months ago with my first gun its a walther p 22. got it for the same reason as you, home defense and range shooting. my coworker swayed me to doing the 22 mainly because it was cheaper to shoot on range (100 rounds for about $6 vs 50 rounds of 9 mm for about 12-15) and i figured a well placed bullet is just as good as a big one.

i have to say though out of the guns you mentioned i've shot an xd9 at the range and i really like it.
Old 12-25-2012 | 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by shotiable
^ i shoulda done what you're doing. i started a couple months ago with my first gun its a walther p 22. got it for the same reason as you, home defense and range shooting. my coworker swayed me to doing the 22 mainly because it was cheaper to shoot on range (100 rounds for about $6 vs 50 rounds of 9 mm for about 12-15) and i figured a well placed bullet is just as good as a big one.

i have to say though out of the guns you mentioned i've shot an xd9 at the range and i really like it.
Yeah, I would've definitely gone with a .22 if I wasn't worried about stopping power. I remember buying 500 round boxes for only $10 or $15 for my old .22 bolt action. After doing a little searching around and comparing, I am strongly considering the Walther PPQ 9mm. What really sold me on it was this review that I read: http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/n...er-ppq-review/ . I also like the 5 lb trigger pull as well as the low recoil that it has. It seems that Walther is a very esteemed firearms manufacturer that doesn't like to cut corners when it comes to manufacturing and testing, which is the kind of company I'd buy from any day of the week.
Old 12-25-2012 | 07:16 AM

S&W SW99 .45

Springfield XDs .45 (Having a little fun)
Old 12-26-2012 | 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by OVER 9000!
Originally Posted by shotiable' timestamp='1356432615' post='22228845

Yeah, I would've definitely gone with a .22 if I wasn't worried about stopping power. I remember buying 500 round boxes for only $10 or $15 for my old .22 bolt action. After doing a little searching around and comparing, I am strongly considering the Walther PPQ 9mm. What really sold me on it was this review that I read: http://www.gunsandammo.com/reviews/n...er-ppq-review/ . I also like the 5 lb trigger pull as well as the low recoil that it has. It seems that Walther is a very esteemed firearms manufacturer that doesn't like to cut corners when it comes to manufacturing and testing, which is the kind of company I'd buy from any day of the week.
yeah many enthusiasts have told me walther makes good guns thats why i ended up with the p22. as far as stopping power, i'm not really too concerned... as long as i don't get into a gun fight inside my house i'm good to go. interesting thing about the 22 is that the bullet has enough power to enter but not enough to exit. the surgical folks that i work with next door say that when someone gets shot with a 22 most of the time instead of a simple surgery they have to get opened up to find the fragments of the bullet or to find out which organs the 22 has nicked. i guess what i'm getting at is that its pretty cruel to shoot someone even with this small calibur round.

in any case, my next gun will probably not be a 22.
Old 12-28-2012 | 12:25 AM

OVER 9000! the PPQ9 is awesome! Very accurate, light, feels great in the hand, and the trigger pull is beautiful!

Disassembles just like my Glock.

I ended up with the Scar 17s, rather then the 16s.

Edit to note: re-did picture. Ronin Katana Dojo Pro #7, scar 17s, 10/22, G30, PPQ9
no mods
Old 12-30-2012 | 08:41 PM

First piece was stolen a couple years ago, it was a Ruger SR40 and was stolen out of my apartment at the same time that a bunch of my brother's crap was stolen not long after his wife divorced him. The gun was the only thing of mine that they took. Shady.

Here's what I have now:
[attachment=32207:IMG_1706.JPG]
Sig Pro 2022 chambered in .40 S&W

On Jan.1 I get to pick up my Territorial AR15 lower and Remington 870
Attached Thumbnails Gun photo and video thread-img_1706.jpg  
Old 12-31-2012 | 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by imnida

OVER 9000! the PPQ9 is awesome! Very accurate, light, feels great in the hand, and the trigger pull is beautiful!

Disassembles just like my Glock.

I ended up with the Scar 17s, rather then the 16s.

Edit to note: re-did picture. Ronin Katana Dojo Pro #7, scar 17s, 10/22, G30, PPQ9
no mods
Nice Katana. I have 4 handmade ones myself.

Quick Reply: Gun photo and video thread